Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (jimzgirly)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-02-2006, 1:57 PM Reply   
Hi, I am new to the wakeboarding and just started our last trip out to the river. I am currently using my hubbys old Hyperlite Baff 140 or 142. I am looking to get my own board because I love it, but not sure which is the best. I would want a beg/int or just and intermediate board. I dont care if it is girls or a guys. I am 5'9" and weigh around 160 ish on a good day.

Just wonder what girls around my size are using for a board. Thanks
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-02-2006, 2:38 PM Reply   
I don't know much about boards, but I just bought a LF substance 138 and really like it; it feels very stable to me. I think it would be a correct length for you. I'm 5'8", 120#. You can also go to the boards section of WW and input your info.
Old     (jimzgirly)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-02-2006, 2:50 PM Reply   
Thanks.. I did that and had a lot of choices, just wanted to see what people are using and what they think is the best. Thanks again for your help.
Old                08-02-2006, 6:21 PM Reply   

My Hubby got me the Diva LIQUID FORCE Board and I have yet to get up on my board but i'm 5'6 and i weight about 155-160. If you got to any good board shop they should be able to get you set up with a good board that will suit you!! Good Luck!!!!
Old     (vdubb)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-06-2006, 3:28 PM Reply   
I am 5'4" 160ish and bought the diva 134. I was able to get up on it after professional instruction but I wish I would of waited until I tried some more boards. I tried a hyperlite 3ds 138 and have fell in love with it. It is so easy to get up on and the four angled fins make it really stable. I can jump with it and actually land and keep going...something I can't do on the diva. I would suggest trying a bunch of boards. good luck!
Old     (jimzgirly)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-07-2006, 7:39 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input Jess and others.
Old     (wakekid72501)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-19-2006, 10:46 AM Reply   
Hyperlite Blur 134
Old     (x2fanatic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-24-2006, 9:12 PM Reply   
My wife has the Diva 134, and it is the only one she has ever used. She loves it, is 5"9 won't quote weight, but it seems to work for her.