Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (shredder_girl)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-06-2008, 6:31 PM Reply   
This afternoon and obviously into the evening, I had the opportunity to demo an 09 Tige RZ2. Steve from Gainesville Marina, awesome guy by the way, called me as soon as he got one in. Looks like the Tige rep leaves his demo boat at the marina and I had the opportunity to go out in it. The boat was absolutely sick with the new tower, new interior, new dash and new motors. I was actually surprised on the difference between the quietness and smoothness of my 07 RZ verse the 09 RZ. The tower is absolutely sick on how it easily folds down and it is solid as a rock. The crew at Gainesville Marina let me get a couple sets in as well as surf behind the boat. Compared to my 07, they have advanced the ballast system and it is under the floor in the rear and of course had to give it a try. The wake was incredible and I was definitely highly impressed with all the advancements. I have seen the boats online but you just don't get the realm of how awesome this boat is until you get in it. Since this was the rep's boat, it was pretty cool that the cruise control presets still had the owner of Tige's settings in it as well as some of the guys that work for them. I am working with Steve on trading my 07 in for an ordered 09. I will keep you up to date and can't wait to ride behind my new boat when it comes in. Here are some pictures for all of you to check out and thanks to the crew at Gainesville Marina!!!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (bentone)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-06-2008, 8:30 PM Reply   
tell me more about the ballast, are they running with the quick fill yet? Have you surfed a 24' Tige before this one? Please, tell me more about this wave. Sorry for all the questions, just interested what the ballast is doing for the wave. I need a really good excuse to trade in.
Old     (shredder_girl)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-06-2008, 8:46 PM Reply   
They showed me that Tige has moved the ballast tanks underneath the floor in the rear and it has a wrap around nose cone soft bag in the front, about 1,000lbs. In terms of what you mean by quick fill, their are four pumps into the boat and four pumps out of the boat. The water pick up is underneath the boat and it probably took only about 4 minutes to fill it up. In terms of the surf wake, I surf on the drivers side and the surf wake was incredible and the power band was very long. Have not spent anytime behind the 24 but do know that I can't imagine anything being any bigger. It was awesome!!!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-07-2008, 6:30 AM Reply   
No pics of these wakes?
Old     (handy)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-07-2008, 6:35 AM Reply   
Looks like a nice boat, i would to see the wakes too. I heard the surf wake bad a$#.
Old     (jujube)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-07-2008, 6:44 AM Reply   
Mel - your review of the '09 is great. Sounds like you had a great time on the water.

That's one thing I've noticed about Tige, they have confidence in their product and will take you out to the lake and let you experience the boat!

Bentone - as for an excuse to trade, if the look of the boat alone isn't enough, sounds like you are ready for a ride!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-07-2008, 6:26 PM Reply   
Bentone already has a sick surfing 24Ve! Nice review! I'm not sold on the tower but I do like the new graphics and have been thinking about ripping mine off and upgrading to the new ones. I drove one without the ballast back in August and actually liked my '07's gauges and interior better but not the vinyl.
Old     (bentone)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-08-2008, 9:11 AM Reply   
timmy- you ever get that seam out of your surf wave? It seems like I read somewhere you had it figured out. This is my buddy's 08 rz2, we cant get the seam out of the wave. The square cornered platform runs all the way across the transom to the corners. I have a teak deck with rounded corners and think this is the difference.
Upload
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-08-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
The 09 RZ's have a new, narrowed platform for that reason
Old     (nawteek256)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-08-2008, 10:43 AM Reply   
Are the ballast pumps still the cheap plastic type that bust if your dealer does not winterize them properly? Any pictures of underfloor ballast would be appreciated.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-08-2008, 10:58 AM Reply   
^^^^ Ted, dont hate the game, hate the Player , or dealer that doesn't know how to do a Winterization, because even a metal engine block with crack when not winterized. The "cheap" plastic pumps are the same ones that every manufacturer uses for bilge pumps $.02

Picture would probably have to come out of the factory as the system is integrated into the hull unlike some so called under-floor systems that are just covered with a carpeted faux floor. I heard that the early 09's are using traditional pumps but should be a switch to the fast-fill system in the mid 09 model year.

I'll ask for some, but not sure i'll get them.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-08-2008, 11:31 AM Reply   
We did get the seam out of the wave but it took a lot of weight all in the cabin, none in the bow. I had a v-drive sac filled in both lockers and then 250 on the floor and then about 8 people or so and that lifted the corners of the swim platform out of the water (somehow) and gave us a nice wave.
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-08-2008, 11:39 AM Reply   
Seam in the wave or not.... That dude is SHREDD'IN HIS FACE OFF... No Rope, ~12-15 feet back, and Air'in it out... Oh yeah, Tige has a terrible wake/wave. The pic above is for all the hater/posers...

(Message edited by big_brandon on October 08, 2008)
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-08-2008, 11:59 AM Reply   
I like those wheels!
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-08-2008, 8:46 PM Reply   
Thanks Mel for the update.

That is one awesome looking boat!

You have to just be teasing us, by not posting any wave or wake pictures

As far as the pumps go, I have been underneath and in every nook of the boat. It is just about impossible to get a pic of the rear discharge pumps. I could feel them, and could get a pic if I removed the back wall, but it would be pretty tough. They are standard aerator type pumps, the most reliable and lowest energy consuming pumps out there. Plus, they pee out the side of the boat...always a cool feature, so you know when they are done.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-08-2008, 8:46 PM Reply   
Why the heck is Tony going 16 miles per hour?
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-09-2008, 6:34 AM Reply   
My guess would be that he was practicing his surface tricks.

A face plant at those speeds don't hurt as bad. :-)
Old     (jujube)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-09-2008, 7:02 AM Reply   
For all you Tige lovers out there, here is an awesome Tige surf wake!

Upload

It's all in how you drive.....
Old     (rrb)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-10-2008, 12:19 PM Reply   
Mel, thanks for the pics and the info on the RZ2. I love reading about my future boat!
Julianne, great surfing pic
Old     (missy2)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-10-2008, 3:35 PM Reply   
I love the paint scheme and graphics! I typically like a little more color,but that is one HOT boat!