Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (AC4life)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-23-2012, 10:04 PM Reply   
Hey everyone. I just bought my first boat, a 2006 VLX. I am now looking to purchase all the stuff to go along with it and am wondering which surf board to buy. I am a novice, but plan on doing alot of surfing this summer. Tried it a few times last fall and instantly fell in love with it. I am 6'3'' and weigh 215 lbs. Any advice on which board to go with would be sweet. Thanks!
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-24-2012, 6:28 AM Reply   
Well, there's a lot of different ways to go. The first thing I would say is don't buy a wakeboarding brand wakesurf board ( O'brien, CWB, etc.). You 'll outgrow it too fast.

For surf style, you could go with an Inland Surfer Sweet Spot for durability. I also recommend looking at Shredd Stixx and SoulCraft, which you can have custom made, which is nice, but they will be more fragile. And I would also looke at Triple X Nitro for a little more affordability too.

For skim style, I like the the Triple X hands down, some people do love their Phase 5's though.

I have a Sweet Spot for sale if you go that route PM me.
Old     (colosurfer)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-24-2012, 7:06 AM Reply   
I'm having a Custom Soulcraft built as we speak. Jeff @ Soulcraft is great to work with. He can build you a board to accommadate you height, weight ability etc. Give him a call or email him

jwahlers01@gmail.com
www.soulcraftboarding.com
www.Facebook.com/soulcraftboarding

Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-24-2012, 3:58 PM Reply   
X2 what the Nateman said. My crew's most favorite boards are my Sweet and Mucas, I Prefer my Mucas. The Soul Crafts were awesome at the Centurion Crew meet! Big thanx to Jeff to sending out them demo boards. Them are my recommendations
Old     (816)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-24-2012, 7:32 PM Reply   
I hear DA MOOSE make a mean board, he got new shop
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-25-2012, 12:57 PM Reply   
Check in with a local dealer and see if they have a demo program. There are a lot of boards out there and many new ones for 2012. They vary quite a bit in construction, style and feel. Inland and Shred Stixx and some of the other manufactures have dealer locators on their websites. Many dealers are carrying a larger array of boards now, and not as focused on price point boards from wakeboard companies.
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-25-2012, 9:05 PM Reply   
Try as many board as you can and you will find very quickly what is best for you. I prefer handmade surfboard style boards with good surf fins because they are light and quick as hell. From time to time I enjoy skim style board just for fun. I ride 4'8" / 20" for agro style and want to get longer one like 5'4" for bit lazy style. But last summer I started to enjoy my 7'2" fun board just for goofing around and because we got new X-25 with decent wave
Old     (ynoino)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-26-2012, 7:03 AM Reply   
I suggest watching ebay. I picked up a Triple X Nitro (item # 270810892755) for under $155 last fall. Not the prettiest board but for the price it was a hell of a deal. Right now they have a Slasher on there I'm sure you could get cheap. Might not be exactly what you're looking for, but at least you'll have a board to play around with that didn't cost you several hundred when spring gets here. If you don't like it then it can be your beginner board for everybody you take out that wants to learn. ID # for slasher 250979182237
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-26-2012, 7:04 PM Reply   
look on youtube,search brand,board ect,,,lots to be learned and idea of what the board might and might not do well. Check vimeo.com as well Lots of research and then look into a surf and skim board options for ya. The ol' "measure twice,cut once", then more likely your purchases will be something you will not grow out of, or be disapointed with.