Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Hyperlite550)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-07-2010, 8:09 PM Reply   
hey guys, i've been looking for a new surfer for my b-day next month and im looking for some opinions on boards.

right now im on an old inland surfer red tide and the board is huge, i dont remember the exact size, but i know i need a smaller board. i can ride the red tide pretty good, but the board just doesnt like to maneuver much. i rode a buddy's liquid force skimskate 5' and i liked it, but i think i could go shorter. im lookin at a skimskate 4' 6", what do guys think? would 6" shorter make a huge difference?

if you got any other board recommendations for me post it up. but keep in mind my parents are only getting me a board if its under $300.
Old     (Hyperlite550)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-22-2010, 4:45 PM Reply   
ok, so now im looking at a Hyperlite CoEx 4' 4". i figured its a good buy for the money, $300 with a lifetime warranty. anyone have any experience with the hyperlite surfers?
Old     (Hyperlite550)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-22-2010, 7:03 PM Reply   
still looking at different boards. came across a 2010 CWB Blackjack 4' 4" for $265. opinions?
Old     (rlsv211)      Join Date: Oct 2009       08-23-2010, 12:15 PM Reply   
I demoed a Calibrated 57" and it was a lot of fun. I am 250 so it can handle some weight.I had a Red tide now a Swallow. I like the Swallow but may change for the calibrated.
Old     (knuckledragger)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-25-2010, 2:08 PM Reply   
It is going to be tough to get a decent surfer for under 300 bucks unless you can find something used. I currenlty have a CWB Ride and haven't liked it at all. It is too slow and not very agile. I just bought an Inland Surfer Squirt and really like it. It is very fast compared to my CWB and I feel like I can move on it much easier. It is a 60" board. It is a 3 fin board but comes with 2 fins stock. I've come to enjoy riding it with just a single rear center fin. Still has a surf style feel but could break loose easy enough to do some spins, etc. WAY more agile than my CWB. From what I've read and seen, I think the Squirt is one of the highest performing boards in the $300 range. Just my two cents. Look around, you can find the squirt right now for $315 including shipping (with coupon code).
Old     (Foxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-25-2010, 3:28 PM Reply   
Check out a Phase 5. Super light, ultra flickable, and as fast or faster than any other board. Have used a Hyperlite lots and like em but don't love em.
Old     (sixx352)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-27-2010, 8:13 PM Reply   
Check out Triple X. They have really fast and light texalium skim style boards 50" , 54" , 58" and their surf style boards are the Slasher and SLAYER. The SLAYER is their performance board. Comes in 4'8" or 5'0" those are more a upper price board though being epoxy with the option to have innegra fabric in it. The Slasher is great for beginner/intermediate riders great for airs and spins.