Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (fastrd400)      Join Date: May 2009       09-25-2009, 9:47 AM Reply   
So I just returned from a 10 day trip to Maui. Thought I was having a good time until I noticed a guy in a Supreme just cruising off shore one day. After asking around I found out it is a guy named Ryan running "Wake Maui". I hooked up with him for a morning session. What a great experience. The fact that you can see through the water to the reef and fish was a bit distracting, but awesome at the same time. The fact that turtles are playing on the surface was distracting, yet amazing as well. I have to say it was the best experience of the trip for me, and Ryan was a total professional, and a heck of a nice guy to boot. We had just me, the wife and my 2 year old on the boat for about 3 hours. If anyone is planning on going to the island anytime, look him up, he runs out of the Kaanapali area and would love to have you out.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-25-2009, 10:17 AM Reply   
Did you ride in a bay or in one of the rivers?

I bet seeing a shark would have been a bit distracting too!
Old     (fastrd400)      Join Date: May 2009       09-25-2009, 2:57 PM Reply   
Mostly rode right off the beach and into Lahaina Harbour. No major river on Maui like on Oahu.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       09-25-2009, 4:26 PM Reply   
Only river you can ride on in Hawaii is the Wailua on Kauai.

How were the water conditions in Lahaina Harbor? Rolly, choppy, glassy, etc?

Glad you had a great experience with him. He emailed our waterski/wakeboard club on Oahu about his business when it was opening up but haven't heard anything since then.
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-25-2009, 4:29 PM Reply   
his web site is www.wakemaui.com
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-25-2009, 4:31 PM Reply   
are we talking about Fly'n Hawaiian Ryan (siebring)??

(Message edited by hawaiianstiln on September 25, 2009)

(Message edited by hawaiianstiln on September 25, 2009)
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-25-2009, 4:33 PM Reply   
oh wait, I guess not. Just looked at what Ryan posted. HAHA, I thought that was you brah!
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-25-2009, 4:42 PM Reply   
Was driving around the north shore of Maui just over a year ago and did a double-take when I saw the yellow Supreme pulling a wakeboarder. Was pretty cool to see... and I was a bit jealous.

(Message edited by phenom_1819 on September 25, 2009)
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-25-2009, 8:20 PM Reply   
Heading over to Maui for the first time in mid December. May just have to take advantage of this!
Old     (wakemaui)      Join Date: Apr 2009       09-25-2009, 11:04 PM Reply   
Thanks Wade I love that you were stoked! I look forward to seeing you out here again soon.
Old     (fastrd400)      Join Date: May 2009       09-27-2009, 12:56 AM Reply   
For Ryan Shima1, the water conditions were good, a little rolly, but not bad. This is really only my first full summer of riding, and I was fine with it.

For Ryan Hickey, had a total blast bro, and have told alot of people about it. Also got some Mahi Mahi from that fish market you told me about, damn that was some good eating. By the way, Aiden is talking about your boat all the time too!
Old     (slaysher)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-28-2009, 9:14 AM Reply   
never been to hawaii...but my buddy extended the invite so come over any time and i've been thinking bout it...but that would be rad to do a little shredding on clear water...ALWAYS wanted to do that ever since i saw the pics in alliance from the Tahiti trip.