Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-20-2008, 3:04 PM Reply   
so i just went to the site and it has a nice lil message someone left, its really sad that people have nothing better to do than to shut down informational sites that dont bother anyone
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-20-2008, 3:10 PM Reply   
wow...

sad stuff
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-20-2008, 4:41 PM Reply   
its working for me, but i cant log in
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-20-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
whoah... that sucks!
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       01-20-2008, 5:44 PM Reply   
Hello Everyone,

Please bear with us while we deal with what has happened.

The site is definitely not back working fully yet. I expect to have it fully functional again shortly.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       01-20-2008, 6:04 PM Reply   
You should be able to log in now - and I am in there tweaking and messing with a lot of knobs & switches to bring it back up to full steam so please bear with me.

Upload

Gotta love hackers. Thanks for my present! It has been fun!
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       01-22-2008, 5:46 AM Reply   
Just an update - The2001.com will be down today while we update and install patches to keep this from happening again.

Thanks,
Erik
Old     (greg_sa)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-22-2008, 11:39 PM Reply   
Glad to hear it'll be sorted out I miss the forum already!
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       01-23-2008, 6:11 AM Reply   
As of Wednesday, we're still down. Actually it is up but I am blocking all IP's except mine and the tech person. We're making it bulletproof as much as possible.
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-24-2008, 6:42 PM Reply   
still down. Any chance that it's coming back by the end of the week?
Old     (greg_sa)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-27-2008, 11:24 PM Reply   
Damn, the site is still down :-(
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       01-29-2008, 1:23 PM Reply   
It has been a week. What's up?
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-29-2008, 4:31 PM Reply   
yea, i've been checking it multiple times a day, but nothing.
Old     (greg_sa)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-29-2008, 10:33 PM Reply   
I've e-mailed Erik, but I don't get any response :-(
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       01-30-2008, 7:50 AM Reply   
Guys, everyone, I am really sorry. The site got really peppered with hacker junk and it has been difficult to get it back up and running stable. I've received quite a bit of mail about this and I sincerely apologize for not being able to respond to each one. The site is up and about 80% fixed, all accounts intact, and running. I am just blocking traffic to it with the exception of myself and the tech person.

I am really sorry this happened and I expect to have the site up and running again, visible to the world by today or tomorrow. At this point I am paying out of pocket to make it happen.

Please remember how much you love The2001.com when the new stickers and clothing comes out
Old     (greg_sa)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-30-2008, 9:30 AM Reply   
Thanks Erik

I understand! I was just worried it would never be back, and it is an extremely valuable site!

I'll definately support the site any way I can.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       01-30-2008, 11:51 AM Reply   
I'm just kidding about the stickers and clothing. They are coming though.

I have a feeling that by 9PM tonight the site will be restored to its former glory and you can use it as normal.

Thanks very much for your patience. Everyone on here and CCFan has been very understanding. I can't say the same for some of the email I've received about the outage. It kind of takes a lot of restraint to remind someone that it is, has always been, and will always be a FREE site - and sometimes s**t happens and someone finds a vulnerability. I run the site out of my pocket. I don't pepper it with ads. When people send the angry email it is hard to respond in a really constructive way - so I don't respond to those :-)

The site is coming back. I am looking at it right now. Running like a champ. Just needs some final tweaks.

Thanks again,
Erik
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       01-30-2008, 6:48 PM Reply   
We're back up. Mostly.

I need to make some slight visual tweaks to it over the next few days to get it looking exactly as it did, pre-hack. There are also a few modules that need to be tweaked... but the forums are up and thats the biggie.

And as always PayPal donations of any amount to erikjernberg [at] yahoo.com never get rejected :-)

Thanks for all of your patience and enjoy the site!

-Erik

(Message edited by juniorhawk on January 30, 2008)
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-30-2008, 7:26 PM Reply   
hooray hoorah!!!!!!
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-30-2008, 7:31 PM Reply   
Frikkin A. Thanks for restoring it.
l33t hax0rz suck, especially when it is a 1-person show like 2001 sounds. Thanks for for fixing it up guy... I like that site.