Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (wakeboarder84)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-27-2005, 9:18 PM Reply   
ok, so i got pre pop for my birthday. its my first wake video and im wondering, are all of them that short? its only like 25-30 minutes. seems like its alot to pay for so little footage...i know retrospect is long, but are any of them longer than half hour? dont get me wrong, the video is sick! but are all of them so short?
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-27-2005, 9:22 PM Reply   
no, most are longer, or at least the ones i have...
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-27-2005, 9:26 PM Reply   
Underestimated is a sic dvd, I think its like an hour, plus you get the soundtrack with the dvd.
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-27-2005, 10:22 PM Reply   
yah but the footage and graphics in pre pop make it one of my favorite flicks - that and relentless. I can watch those two any time, over and over and still enjoy em
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-27-2005, 10:26 PM Reply   
I have a few longer dvd's, but in my opinion, it doesn't get much better than Pre Pop. I love the music and it's some of my favorite riders.
Old    murrayair            10-27-2005, 10:28 PM Reply   
Most wake vids are pretty short, but many are so good that it doesn't matter. Some, however, are short and are also crap, so I generally try to see what other people have to say before I buy.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-27-2005, 10:43 PM Reply   
pre pop is incredible. the same goes for snowboard films. they are seldom over 30 mins.

it all depends on the production company.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-28-2005, 12:12 AM Reply   
alright here is the deal.... Prepop is made by Attention Deficit and Chase puts together GREAT videos (Prepop and Invisible Cineima) but they are always short videos. Well worth buying and after you have a few videos you relize his films are just long long enough to watch right before you ride! If your in the market for a good film soon thats longer definetly buy Butter Effect or Counterfiet This.... Butter Effect is more diverse though. Oh, and Encore.

The last 3 videos you won't be dissapointed with.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-28-2005, 11:10 AM Reply   
yea its short, but its an awesome vid. i have a few and like everyone else said, still a favorite. the effects, music, riding, cinematography, all top notch.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-28-2005, 11:20 AM Reply   
Prepop is the shhht. Love that vid, as well as The Butter Effect, All or Nothin,Relentless,Welcome,Restrospect and the list goes on.
Old     (hypoxic_films)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-28-2005, 1:57 PM Reply   
"pre pop is incredible. the same goes for snowboard films. they are seldom over 30 mins.

it all depends on the production company."

Ive never seen a snowboard film that is shorter than 30 mins.

Danny Turner
HYPOXIC FILMS
hypoxicfilms.com
1-877-HYPOXIC