Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (wake21)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-21-2005, 8:16 PM Reply   
Me and some guys are thinking of building a slider. I was wondering if anyone had plans or an easy way to build one. preferably floating and under $250.
thanks
Old     (denwakebdr)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-21-2005, 9:22 PM Reply   
Patrick...I dont have plans..but I was thinking about building one as well...I had the idea to make it like a skate box..Frame it in and fill cavities of 1x1' squares with expanding foam..for floatability....and then stabilize with weights on each corner...use whatever size pvc you want for the actual slider and design it however you want....I am going to attempt it...good luck
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-22-2005, 7:39 AM Reply   
Hey guys, i made this one for about $360 with some parts donated! It just took a lil time, thats all. Works great though!
slider pics
slider pics
slider pics
slider pics
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-22-2005, 9:03 AM Reply   
Damn, that thing looks like it weighs a ton!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-22-2005, 9:07 AM Reply   
that's why it is still on land!
Old    tulsawakebrdr            02-22-2005, 11:14 AM Reply   
Believe me it floats and works very well. Anyone can build a slider but for it to be done as well as this one it takes someone who knows what there doing. My uncle who is an experienced carpenter was the mastermind behind this one.
Old     (wake21)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-22-2005, 1:28 PM Reply   
steve how to you transport your slider
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-22-2005, 1:44 PM Reply   
We just put it on a trailer and hall it where ever. It takes a few guys to lift it up. Then we get to the boatramp and just float it off like a boat. It tows ok, if you have ever towed in a pontoon boat, its kinda like that! But fun to ride. We all ready had it in the water at the end of last summer!
Old     (milehighrider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-22-2005, 9:36 PM Reply   
steve, where do you guys ride at in the city, and use that slider??? i looked at a house on a private lake off of the north west express way. are there any other private lake in the city.
Old     (mahaney)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-25-2005, 6:32 PM Reply   
how do you connect the ends of the pipe sections together without getting a space between them?
anyone ever use ABS pipe for sliders? around here, the only PVC pipe you can get is 8ft lengths and something like 6" diameter. is there an advantage to having fat pipe?