Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-06-2006, 1:58 PM Reply   
I Just read this and thought it was interesting. No Malibu or Centurion mentioned. Bayliner, even got an award. NMMA Recognizes Outstanding Customer Satisfaction With CSI Awards

Record number receive CSI honors during IBEX Industry Awards Breakfast

MIAMI, November 3, 2006 - - Fifty-six boat and engine manufacturers were recognized at the 2006 International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition and Conference (IBEX) in Miami Beach Friday morning for excellence in customer satisfaction by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), as part of the association’s Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) program. The awards were presented during the annual IBEX Industry Breakfast on November 3 at the Miami Beach Convention Center.

The Marine Industry CSI Awards program recognizes participating companies actively measuring customer satisfaction to pursue continuous improvement. Award recipients achieved and maintained an independently-measured standard of excellence of 90 percent or higher in customer satisfaction over the past year, based on information provided by more than 50,000 consumers purchasing a new boat or engine during the period between July 2005 and June 2006. A minimum of 25 consumer responses are required to quality.

The following companies were honored this past year for their efforts to increase customer satisfaction levels in the boating industry (category for recognition appears in italics):

ALBEMARLE BOATS

Inboard Fishing Express Boats

AMERICAN SUZUKI MOTOR CORP.

Outboard Engines

AQUA PATIO

Pontoon Boats

BAJA MARINE

Sterndrive Cuddy Express Boats

BAYLINER

Fiberglass Outboard Boats

BENNINGTON MARINE

Pontoon Boats

BOSTON WHALER

CABO YACHTS

CARVER YACHTS

Inboard Flybridge Sedans & Convertible Boats

Inboard Motor Yachts & Trawlers

CENTURY

CHAMPION BOATS

Fiberglass Bass Boats

CHRIS-CRAFT

Sterndrive Bowrider Boats

COBALT BOATS

CORRECT CRAFT

Inboard Watersport Boats

CRUISERS YACHTS

Inboard Express Cruiser Boats

EDGEWATER BOATS

FOUR WINNS

Deckboats

G3 BOATS

Aluminum Outboard Boats

GLACIER BAY BOATS

GLASTRON

GRADY-WHITE BOATS INC.

HARBERCRAFT

Aluminum Outboard Boats

HARRIS FLOTEBOTE

Pontoon Boats

HATTERAS YACHTS

HONDA MARINE

Outboard Engines

HYDRA-SPORT

INDMAR PRODUCTS

Inboard Engines

KAYOT

Deckboats

LARSON

LUND BOATS

Aluminum Outboard Boats

MANITOU PONTOON BOATS

Pontoon Boats

MASTERCRAFT

Inboard Watersport Boats

MCKEE CRAFT BOATS

MONTEREY BOATS

MOOMBA BOATS

Inboard Watersport Boats

PATHFINDER

PREMIER MARINE

Pontoon Boats

PRO-LINE BOATS INC.

PURSUIT BOATS

REGAL MARINE

Deckboats

REGULATOR MARINE

ROBALO BOATS

SAILFISH BOATS

SEA RAY BOATS

Deckboats

Inboard Express Cruiser Boats]

Inboard Motor Yachts & Trawlers

SEASWIRL BOATS

SEDONA MARINE

Pontoon Boats

SKEETER PRODUCTS INC.

STRATOS BOATS

Fiberglass Bass Boats

SUPRA BOATS

Inboard Watersport Boats

SWEETWATER

Pontoon Boats

TIARA YACHTS

Inboard Express Cruiser Boats

TIGE BOATS

Inboard Watersport Boats

VOLVO PENTA OF THE AMERICAS

Sterndrive Engines

WELLCRAFT MARINE

WORLD CAT

YAMAHA MOTOR CORPORATION USA

Outboard Engines

“The fact we have more CSI Award recipients this year than ever before validates industry efforts to improve product quality and customer satisfaction across the board,” says NMMA president Thom Dammrich. “These 56 companies are leading the charge to make the best times in every boater’s life every day they are on the water, and to make boating the number one choice in recreation.”

NMMA launched its CSI program in 2001 to provide boat and engine manufacturers with an independently-measured, cost-effective tool to help improve customer satisfaction in the boating industry. Since the program’s inception, more than 400,000 surveys have been sent out to new boat and engine customers, allowing participating manufacturer companies to monitor customer satisfaction on an ongoing basis, and to benchmark themselves against the industry and their competitors. The program currently has 96 boat and engine brands participating.

The Marine Industry CSI program meets the 2007 model year CSI requirements of the NMMA Boat/Yacht Certification program. For manufacturers that are full participants in the Marine Industry CSI process, the included reporting also fills the dealer level CSI requirements of the Marine Industry Dealership Certification program.

For more information on CSI Award recipients, or to get involved with the CSI program, contact NMMA director of CSI Programs Terry Leitz at (312) 946-6212; tleitz@nmma.org.

###
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-06-2006, 2:07 PM Reply   
well then malibus and centurions must be bad boats.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-06-2006, 2:10 PM Reply   
Dont shoot the messenger. Not my award ceremony.
Just thought it was interesting. Sorry it was sooo long.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-06-2006, 2:22 PM Reply   
nah, i understand. that is weird. because i'm sure they've had them before.
Old     (nautielove)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-06-2006, 2:55 PM Reply   
big deal...who actually cares ?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-06-2006, 3:17 PM Reply   
I had a problem with my Centurion this season. Centurion got involved, helped my dealer, and made sure that the work was covered under the warranty (Merc was balking). Even though there was a problem I had a great response from Centurion (Fineline) I'd buy again!
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-06-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
I think Mad Child figured it out.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-06-2006, 4:41 PM Reply   
Several of these things are based on membership and if you're not a member, you don't get to play in any of their reindeer games. Not saying that's the case here, but I know that some of these so called awards are nothing more than ridiculous trophies given to people who join their club for some outrageous amount of annual money.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-06-2006, 4:56 PM Reply   
yeah it is too bad they don't pay nmma the money for the award

also compare the brunswick product line to the award recipients, interesting
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-06-2006, 6:48 PM Reply   
Scott - You hit it on the head. After spending several years in the car business I quickly figured out how car companies get awards, they pay for them. Take a look at the awards Hyundai is winning right now, they are good cars but it was like overnight they had several models that J.D. Power ranked as the most reliable cars on the road, but only two or three years ago the company was just a Korean car company that had cheap cars with a big warranty. Hmmmmmmm.
Old     (joe1975)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-07-2006, 11:32 PM Reply   
I agree with the JD powers comment, that survey is a joke, the highest bidder gets the best results. JD power ranks everything too from toasters to drills to fish tanks. The NMMA is a legit marine company that caters to promoting safe manufacturing processes. It is my understanding that they have a CSI survey that is voluntary to participate in, and does not cost the manufacturer. None the less it does report interesting findings on which companies are well liked by there owners.....
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-08-2006, 5:47 AM Reply   
There is a lot smaller companies on the list than Malibu and Centurion, so I dont think it was a money issue. NMMA says its the results of surveys sent out to owners. Malibu also dropped in the JD Powers ranking this year.
Old     (c_boarder)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-08-2006, 6:28 AM Reply   
Wonder why Malibu chooses not to par-take in the survey. Are the scared of the results or have some thing to hide?
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-08-2006, 9:43 AM Reply   
Keep in mind the NMMA and JD power are not non profit organizations.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-08-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
there is no such thing as a "non-profit" organization. someone is always making a dollar. i don't care what the books say, or what the leadership in the organizations tell their constituents.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-08-2006, 10:19 AM Reply   
and boarder c,

yeah, i'm sure malibu is terrified of what someone would find.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-08-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
Aint Skeeered
Old     (cawakeboarder12)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-08-2006, 11:02 AM Reply   
Malibu doesnt do CSI scores they are more hands on
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-08-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
Yeeeaaah,.........................Right. (exhale)

(Message edited by woreout on November 08, 2006)
Old     (mctc)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-08-2006, 11:33 AM Reply   
This is a quote from NMMA's press release.

"The Marine Industry CSI Awards program recognizes participating companies actively measuring customer satisfaction to pursue continuous improvement. Award recipients achieved and maintained an independently-measured standard of excellence of 90 percent or higher in customer satisfaction over the past year, based on information provided by more than 50,000 consumers purchasing a new boat or engine during the period between July 2005 and June 2006. A minimum of 25 consumer responses are required to qualify."

Two things probably happened, Malibu and Centurion didn't have 25 surveys turned in (highly unlikely)or they didn't have a 90% score on the ones that were turned in. In some cases awards are bought, such as Malibu's Powerboat Magazine, Towboat of the year they have won for the last 6 years. You could argue all companies do the same thing, but this award is given from customer surveys, there has to be a reason why centurion and Malibu didn't make it.
Old     (c_boarder)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-08-2006, 12:14 PM Reply   
Stevo great point! IMO.. Malibu chooses not to participate. They know that the scores will be less than favorable for the brand!
Something to ponder... Why does a high volume company like Malibu not participate in NMMA programs? And money is not the answer!! They spend a crap load on other worthless awards. exp.. "Tow Boat of the Year" SteveO hit the target on that one! Are they scared to lose!
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-08-2006, 12:15 PM Reply   
There is a reason. Just nobody that owns a Malibu or Centurion likes it. If the award could be bought, you know damn well those two MFGs would have bought it. Rather than people talking about them on forums like this. Maybe their checks bounced.

(Message edited by woreout on November 08, 2006)
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-08-2006, 12:38 PM Reply   
this thread is a joke.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       11-08-2006, 7:45 PM Reply   
Yeah, I don't think anyone likes Malibu or Centurion. Malibu is just the fastest growing watersports boat company over the past 10 years and Centurion is just one of the fastest growing over the last 3+, they must really be doing something wrong. Do you really need an award to make you feel better about your boat purchase??
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-08-2006, 8:25 PM Reply   
Joe I tried the CSI survey but it would not let me take it had to call supra and have them sent me a written survey anyways I would say the nmma is a legit organazation and I am suprised malibu isnt on it
Old    r3612            11-08-2006, 8:28 PM Reply   
Maybe the people with the Malibu's and Centurions were to busy riding to fill out the brochures :-)
Old     (mctc)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-09-2006, 6:30 AM Reply   
Nick....if the owners of the boats can't give positive experiences with their new boats on the surveys, yes they are doing something wrong. Now i am sure all the centurion and malibu owners will see this post and tell me all the great stories about their boat. The point of this thread was to show that both companies were not on the list. If you want to talk about growth every major inboard company (MasterCraft, Nautique, Centurion, Supra, Moomba, Malibu) except Tige has had a record year. The whole inboard ski boat market is the only bright spot in the marine industry. You should feel good about your boat purchase if you were one of the customers filling out an excellent survey (no matter what company) that means you are happy with your boat. Apparently that didn't happen as much nationwide for Malibu and Centurion owners.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-09-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
stevo looks like you know a WHOLE LOT!
Did you know that Malibu and MC offer the SAME engines in their boats. they are just doctored up so dumbasssses like you think MC has its own engine. Did you also know that Malibu does less athlete endorsement, lower advertising, and lower overhead costs on production and managment in order to provide the consumer with a boat that is more what, they, the consumer paid for. I;m glad parks' has a nice benz and a new boat everyyear but, frankly, I'd rather keep my 10 G's and have a nicer boat with a better wake imho of course. see unlike you, I have more than 9 post to my name and understand everyone is entitiled to their own opinion. quit passing off your assumptuous opinions as facts. Malibu has more market share than Mc and nauti since 04! why? a superior product at a lower price.
what color is his new ride this year??? ohhh and don't forget; his lil bro gets one tooo!
I urge you to take a ride in a BU, even more so to get off your presumptuous ass and ride.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-09-2006, 9:29 AM Reply   
Wow! such hate. Chill Ringo, what part of stevos statement did he make up? All he said was that surveys were sent out, and surveys came back, some good and some bad. Indmar does do different applications for each Mfg if not, why the different HP and options. Its what the Mfg will pay for, or what they want specific for their product. Not all GM motors are the same either? Indmar was one of the award winners anyway. Yes Malibu has grown, but sometimes when you grow quick some other things suffer, such as CSI. I am sure Bu will get a handle on it being the top notch company that they are. Things like this survey will only help Mfgs improve. Bu was down in JD Power as well this year. You can bet Malibu will have better results next year because of this. BTW PCM was not on the list either. Go out and ride Ringo and burn off a little hate.
Old     (rickt)      Join Date: May 2002       11-09-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
While we are proud of the NMMA CSI awards for both Supra and Moomba, in fairness to both Malibu and Centurion you have to choose to participate in the NMMA program. They may or may not have chosen to. No other manf knows who else is using the system. Their are no real major fees to do it. This is the first year that we have used the NMMA system as a means of receiving customer service feedback but had other systems that we used internally in the past. The online portion of the system is excellent to the manufacturer and as it provides immediate feedback on how you are doing, which is one of the key reason we went to it, in addition to the benchmarking information it provides as well. Hope that helps in some manner

Rick

(Message edited by Rickt on November 09, 2006)
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-09-2006, 9:59 AM Reply   
Centurion & Malibu are both NMMA certified, with the certification both manufactures are given CSI reports for their customers. They both must have scored lower than 90% to receive an award. It seems that both are nice boats, why aren't customers satisfied with them?
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-09-2006, 10:01 AM Reply   
Thanks for that Rick. Its nice to see people of your caliber post on here.
Ringo he only has 70 posts, better cuss him out too.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-09-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
Maybe there is a reason why they dont want to know what their customers opinions are....

BTW Ringo, "superior product" Your joking right? Less expensive product yes, great product yes, but superior no. Just be glad your daddy got you one, not everyone can be so lucky....And yes, I do ride my buddy's 06 VLX a lot, and I do like it, but not as much as my MC. And he feels the same about his BU....
Old     (rickt)      Join Date: May 2002       11-09-2006, 10:25 AM Reply   
To be NMMA certified you have to use their CSI program or have a CSI system of your own that meets the NMMA's criteria. Thus you can be certified and not participate in the NMMA CSI system. You do not have to score a certain percentage to be certified either. I am sure that is as clear as mud...sorry

Rick
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-09-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
"Centurion & Malibu are both NMMA certified,"

2007 is the first year that Centurions are NMMA certified.
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-09-2006, 10:49 AM Reply   
Could we talk about me now?
Old     (mctc)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-09-2006, 11:07 AM Reply   
Well apparently Ringo didn't like my post. I am not sure if it is me on the high horse or Ringo. You just made the argument that Malibu is a superior product for less money. Does that make sense? I don't care if it's a car, boat, house, life jacket, wakeboard, etc if it costs less there is less content. If you think that you are paying for Parks to have a Benz you are crazy. In the wakeboard world you are right Mastercraft has the better athletes, but what about the ski world. Chris Parrish is the world record holder, he isn't cheap. Ringo you seem to know a lot about the financials of Malibu and Mastercraft to know advertising costs, overhead, and sponsorship for both companies even though boath are privately owned. Good ahead and take a look at the transmission, tell me that Malibu's is better, how about their honeycomb floor panels, or how about using livewell pumps for ballast that is far superior. If you want to take my credibility from the number of wakeworld posts than be my guest. I'm not here to hate on other brands, I look at the facts, and make a decision which boat company I THINK builds the best product. Take it as you would like ringo.
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-09-2006, 11:13 AM Reply   
"I'm not here to hate on other brands, I look at the facts, and make a decision which boat company I THINK builds the best product." - Stevo (mctc)

If we are looking at strictly the facts, that would be Correct Craft (I really like using the large font sometimes...)
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-09-2006, 11:16 AM Reply   
Ironically Chris Parrish broke the record behind a 197 MC. I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. Hey Red wheres PCM in the survey?

(Message edited by woreout on November 09, 2006)
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-09-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
Look how happy I am on the old Correct Craft...
Upload

I think that other dude is trying to hold my hand!
Old     (mctc)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-09-2006, 11:27 AM Reply   
Red I grew up with two correct crafts and i stand behind my previous statement.

-stevo
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-09-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
What was that, I don't have time to read all that stuff today, maybe tomorrow though...
Old     (c_boarder)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-09-2006, 11:30 AM Reply   
Wonder if the guys at Malibu ever read or even care what is being said about them on this board!!
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-09-2006, 11:34 AM Reply   
Darn-it, look how happy I was in that photo!
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-09-2006, 11:36 AM Reply   
Hey REd what did you do with the rest of the bird? The one you stole that chest from.
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-09-2006, 11:37 AM Reply   
I ate it. That's what Cancer and Chemo will do to you.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-09-2006, 11:51 AM Reply   
I know I never got an NMMA or JD power survey after purchase of my Malibu, nor did friends of mine who own malibu's. This would lead me to believe that they don't participate in the survey. If not everybody participates, I guess that takes value out of the awards. I am happy to know though, that a MC or CC is as good as a Bayliner.

I would have to assume that the NMMA certification is completely separate from a customer satisfaction index.

(Message edited by timmy on November 09, 2006)
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-09-2006, 12:05 PM Reply   
Cancer and chemo will give you a chest that looks like a back with nipples?
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-09-2006, 12:09 PM Reply   
Ya, pretty much. You will lose over 80 pounds too, at least I did. I'm sorry I don't look good enough for you bro, I don't swing that way anyhow...
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-09-2006, 12:22 PM Reply   
Just kidding homophobe. Hell I could loose some lbs my damnself, dont know if I want to do it that way. I still like MC
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-10-2006, 1:11 AM Reply   
i said it once and i'll say it again:

this thread is a joke.
Old     (joe1975)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-11-2006, 10:03 PM Reply   
Way back up there someone said that everyone but Tige had a record year...wrong. This has been Tige's best year to date. That is why they opened up a new factory this year to help expand production.