Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (jediknight)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-23-2005, 10:31 AM Reply   
My company is based in Nashville and I travel out there several times each year from the UK. I'm planning an extended visit later in the summer and was hoping to bring my board and hook up with some local riders. Any idea where the good spots are or recommend where I could get a tow? Information can be rewarded by beer, snacks and startling (native) Irish wit upon arrival!
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-23-2005, 11:21 AM Reply   
You might try the guys at Nashville Inboard Water Sports, its a malibu dealer right outside of Nashville. Don't know them too well, but seemed like realy nice people, and I remeber them saying they ride alot near there.
Old    josh_tn            02-23-2005, 11:41 AM Reply   
I started this thread a couple of months ago to find out how many riders lived around nashville.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/53686/207620.html?1109085911
Old    mknwake            02-23-2005, 1:35 PM Reply   
I am in Nashville and ride about an hour away..Let me know when you are coming in (a few days before) and I will be happy to help you out.

MS
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       02-23-2005, 7:03 PM Reply   
Jedi,

There's a lot of us here in Knoxville, TN that would be happy to hook you up. I live exactly two hours to the east of the Nashville airport on Interstate I-40. If you don't get the hook-up you're looking for, come on out for a Saturday.

Matt
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-23-2005, 8:21 PM Reply   
Just to build on what Ryan N said, check with TNT watersports, formerly Nashville inboard Water sports. Try to get in touch with Craig Archer, he is the one to know in Nashville. If I am not mistaken Center Hill and Old Hickory have more riders than Percy Priest. I hear Percy has good water during the week but I have been out there on the weekend and it was pretty rough.
Old     (csquared)      Join Date: Jan 2002       02-23-2005, 9:52 PM Reply   
Craig at TNT is a good contact in Nashville. There is a good scene and it will be easy to hook up with some pulls. Old Hickory (NE of Nashville) generally has better water unless you hook up with someone who knows the backwater areas of Percy Priest (SE of Nashville).

Drop me a line at dirtweed@bellsouth.net ....we'll make sure you get plenty of pulls in while you're here.
Old     (jediknight)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-24-2005, 4:09 AM Reply   
Guys,

Thanks for all your replies! I'm starting to think it may be a good idea to take some time off work next time I'm over, looks like it'll be early to mid July. Use some vacation time, rent a car and hook up with as many people as possible. If any off you ever find yourselves in Europe I'll only be to happy to return the favours!
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-24-2005, 6:42 AM Reply   
Props to Craig Archer, TN's Wakeboarding Embassador. Hes a cool character.
Hey Simms! Do you still ride at Smith Lake? That place is magestic. If so maybe a camping trip there might be in order? Im dying to go there again but just dont know the area well enough. I know you do. Whataya say? Its what? 2 hours south of Nashvegas?
Old    mknwake            02-24-2005, 7:41 AM Reply   
Hey Xgirl,

Wrong Matt Sim(m)s. I actually have never been to Smith, but have heard good things. Sorry that I am not the right person......but, I do have a very popular name and get second looks from everybody that I tell my name.

MS
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-24-2005, 8:22 AM Reply   
haha. WOOPS! Good name.
Old     (pcm2a)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-24-2005, 8:37 AM Reply   
I live about 1 minute from a percy preist dock. There is a fantastic ski cove where the water is calm all week long and sometimes on the weekends!

My I/O boat doesnt throw a super wake but I would like to have some more advanced riders, that need a pull, come out with me this summer so I can learn from a pro!
Old     (scrubs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-24-2005, 8:01 PM Reply   
I've been riding in the Nashville area for a long time. There is a big scene here. Talk to Craig and we'll get you a pull.

Hey Xgirl! Been a while.
Old    blind5            02-24-2005, 8:54 PM Reply   
bob wud up? i finaly saw the new vid, not bad at all. thanks again for letting me be a part of it. let me know if i can help at all with another one

rob corum
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-25-2005, 4:21 AM Reply   
Hey there Bob!! April 8th weekend at Hyco. You should try to make it out again. Otherwise, see ya at Board Bonanza.
Old    mknwake            02-25-2005, 7:21 AM Reply   
When is board Bonanza? I saw some vid of it reciently on Evolution??

MS
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-25-2005, 8:45 AM Reply   
Probably saw it on Scrubs Of The South video. Its always been held the weekend after the 4th of July. www.skihut.com puts on the show.
Looks like TN has a new boating law. You can read about it on that site.
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-25-2005, 8:54 AM Reply   
bob, i met you at board bonanza last year. you should definitely come up to HYCO and bring the camera this easter (actully 2 weeks after). you can come with my group if you want, we will be leaving out of knoxville with a new vlx and new x-star probably.

matt, i don't know when board bonanza is, but i went last year and expected a lot more than i got. the level of riding was good considering there were no prizes. i thought it would be a good tourney because it has been one of the biggest in TN. It was fun, with all the boats lined up watching and stuff, but the wake on the moomba wasn't great and there was no cash up for grabs in outlaw. the only thing they gave away was stuff you can get for free anyway.
Old     (scrubs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-28-2005, 8:02 AM Reply   
Board Bonanza is in both dvds Scrubs and Evolution. What's up Melanie and Rob! Both are stars of these 2 dvds. I'll be at BB and I'll keep in mind Hyco. I had a great time when I was out there shooting Scrubs. I didn't know anyone out there and they all treated me like a good friend. I'm sure it's bigger and better now.

There is talk of shooting for a 3rd dvd this summer. We will see this summer.

Thanks for the props on the Scrubs topic everyone!!!!
Old    mknwake            02-28-2005, 8:10 AM Reply   
Yeah...I saw it on Evolution. The footage from the walking bridge downtown Nashville is great! I know one of the girls in the boat with you guys..Lindsay? Next time you are in town give me a shout. I am sure that you need a boat winch to load and unload the gear. Plus every filmer has to have someone holding their beer!
MS