Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-02-2009, 1:14 PM Reply   
Anyone ever seen or surfed the wave from this enzo with surf tabs? They look like they aren't angled enough, and that they might afftect the face of the wave? The boat has a new owner and hasn't surfed it yet. The older owner said putting the opposite tab down cleaned up the wave. I am planning on doing this mod to my avalanche this spring.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (towboat_222)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-02-2009, 1:22 PM Reply   
Hey duff you need to get bigger ones. Also need to mount on the transom of the boat and not the bottom
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-02-2009, 1:37 PM Reply   
I have a 12x12 set for my Avalanche And I will install them on my transom. Mine are lenco and the have a lot of travel. I plan on mounting them at such an angle that the plates will not interfer with the wave unless I want them to. I hope they will help cure my avalanches weight sensitiveness and also push the nose down slightly.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-02-2009, 1:40 PM Reply   
duffy did you ever try the switchblade.did your boat come with sideswipe or did you put it on.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-02-2009, 1:55 PM Reply   
This isn't my boat, I want my FAE more than I want a switchblade. My boat is just weight sensitive, and I think this will fix it or at least help. I already bought a 12x12 kit and I didn't spend a lot of money on it. Should be a fun experiment. I believe this enzo is from Seattle and I assume people on here have surfed behind it? Besides a switchblade is a lot of money! Maybe on my next boat.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-02-2009, 1:57 PM Reply   
yeah they are alot and burn more gas.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       12-02-2009, 2:05 PM Reply   
In my experience the tabs need to go across the entire transom from the center plate. The issue is when the plate contacts the water on the surf side it will effect the face of the wave. I understand where you say you want the plate up so it won't do that but then you want to address the weight sensitive issue. You might have to use the plate on the surf side to make the adjustment.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-02-2009, 2:23 PM Reply   
Dennis, when I look at the sanger pictures I notice that they don't have an extreme enough when retracted angle, thus they would affect the face of the wave. I bet that's why you need them all the way across the transom? I could be wrong.

My hope is that I will only put the opposite tab (from the side we are surfing) down thus pushing the nose down and also forcing a slight list. I don't think it will do a lot. Might work great, might be a waste of 300 bucks. But I bet no matter what it will help me tweak the wave a little:-)
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       12-02-2009, 2:37 PM Reply   
I agree that if you don't need the tab on the surf side the it won't effect the surfside wave. At this point you don't know if you need it or not to compensate for the weight issue. If you do then it will carve up the face. We used it to adjust the face for different riders from flatter for skim to steeper for surf. The Sanger is not very weight sensitive so I don't have any help with that problem. You could make wider plates if you need them later if the smaller plates cause a problem.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-02-2009, 2:46 PM Reply   
Should be fun and might work great! My avy isn't super weight sensitive, I just feel like my wave changes alot and hopefully this will make it more of the same everytime we ride.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       12-02-2009, 3:13 PM Reply   
I hope it works for you and you can get a consistent wake every time. I haven't had that problem with any of the boats we use regularly. They are all consistent same weight, same wake. This might help others with the same issues.