Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (plegal01)      Join Date: May 2009       09-23-2009, 9:28 AM Reply   
Hi guys,
My knees have been killing me lately when I ride from a knee problem I had as a kid and I need to go see a orthopedic Dr to help me out. I have a name of a Dr. in Pleasanton (thanks Andrea!) but hoping to find someone closer to me. I am in San Jose on the Los Gatos border. I have a long list from my insurance company of who I can go to, but don't know one from the next. Any input would be great. Thanks in advance.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-23-2009, 10:51 AM Reply   
Dr. Jeff Kliman in Los Altos. He is\was my knee doc. Great guy. Own an X30 to.

Tell him Mark sent you!

-UJ
Old     (plegal01)      Join Date: May 2009       09-23-2009, 11:47 AM Reply   
Thanks so much, just made an appt for next week!
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-23-2009, 12:18 PM Reply   
Dr. Warren King in Palo Alto and Sunnyvale.

Go to the Sunnyvale office if you want to see all the sports shwag from his clients. Pretty impressive.

There is also Thabit in San Jose. He's a really cool person too.

Of course both excellent doctors.

(Message edited by Derby on September 23, 2009)
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-23-2009, 1:20 PM Reply   
I second "The King". His office is amazing! He is also part of SOAR, and a great guy.
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       09-23-2009, 1:45 PM Reply   
Dr Ting in Fremont.
Old     (jefefitz)      Join Date: May 2002       09-23-2009, 3:14 PM Reply   
dr littlejohn in lg.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-23-2009, 3:23 PM Reply   
Dr. Doug Blatz (San Jose, Cupertino, Campbell). He did both my knees. Also does several pro athletes. Here is a link

http://www.yelp.com/biz/dr-douglas-j-blatz-md-campbell
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-23-2009, 3:39 PM Reply   
Michelle,

Lots of suggestions here and lots of people talking about pro atheletes. Dr Kliman is top notch. I would hate to hear you you cancel with him just because I didn't say he sees pro atheletes. In fact his "older" partner who did my first surgery was the doc for the SJ pro soccer team years ago and he assisted on many of the surgeries back then.

These docs are all probably good, but I can say from over 50 office visits over two surgeries, broken fingers, etc over 15 years, Dr. Kliman is great.

I went for second opinion once because my options for solutions are slim to none. I went to guy here in Sac town, "well reccomended" and former doc of the River Cats and he said the same things Dr. K was saying I needed, but did it it a way that would never go back to him.

What I am saying is that bedside manner goes a long way. When going through post-surgery recovery, you will have a zillion questions and probably some complications... they rarely go perfectly. having a doc you cabn actually talk to w/o him blowing you off is key. See a few of these guys and decide for yourself.

-Uj
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-23-2009, 4:59 PM Reply   
Frank Chan (in Warren King's group SOAR) did the surgery on Chris. I think Ting is in that group as well.

Chris liked him and it's seems like he did a good job. Chris is back doing everything but WBing and will probably resume that fairly soon.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-23-2009, 5:31 PM Reply   
I 2nd Dr Littlejohn. He did my GF's knee and she was up and on a treadmill on day 3.
Old     (waajusshappened)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-24-2009, 8:01 AM Reply   
Dr Salyapongse at Webster Orthopedics. They are the team Orthopedists for the Oakland A's and do a great job. I had my knee and elbow fixed up here

http://www.websterorthopedic.com/
Old     (malibu_guy)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-24-2009, 4:29 PM Reply   
Doctor Bezhadi in Pleasanton. He did my ACL 4 years ago. He used to be the US olympic Ski team doctor. Real aggressive and we'll have you back up and about in as short a time you can get. Hell he had my knee in a machine bending it before I even woke up from the surgery
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-24-2009, 4:55 PM Reply   
another vote for dr. warren king. would have mentioned dr. art ting first, but too much barry bonds involvement.
Old     (plegal01)      Join Date: May 2009       09-24-2009, 6:37 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone! Sounds like lots of good choices..but I went ahead and booked Kliman after UJ first responded and they could see me next week so I am stoked to see what can be done to help me out.
Old     (wakebrdmom)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-24-2009, 7:50 PM Reply   
Dr Warren King Vote. We used him as a second opinion and had to pay out of pocket. The best money ever spent.
Old     (xmarksthespot)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-24-2009, 11:23 PM Reply   
I think Ting has done the bonifays and a lot of florida riders as well....I believe as well as james stewert...just one of the best moto dudes...ever...not a bad resume!