Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wakewoody)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-14-2013, 8:49 AM Reply   
So, i riding my flyboy on the lake when it was extremely rough. I hit a large boat wake, flew into the air and landed on my shin on the front of the board. Heard a loud pop! thought it was my tibia, because of the pain. other than the bruise, my leg is fine. The board has a large crack and dent about 6" back from the tip. Edges are fine. Can this be repaired? I know these boards are constructed differently. Surf Dad any help? I have owned many different boards over the years and this is my fav.
Old    surfdad            07-14-2013, 10:02 AM Reply   
Yeah, they are an easy fix. The structural repair is a piece of cake. Shoot me a PM, and we'll get you going again and I'm pretty sure I have a loaner board for you in the interim. Hope the leg isn't too badly bruised!
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-14-2013, 11:47 AM Reply   
what a nice ending to the story....
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-15-2013, 9:10 AM Reply   
Looks like Jeff has you taken care of. Everything can be repaired, happy surfing.
Old     (endlessbreak)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-15-2013, 10:11 AM Reply   
Dirk, can you post up pics of the problem...and Jeff's solution. I've just used Marine-Tex for surface dings and cracks. I'd be interest to see if i should do something else.
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-15-2013, 12:20 PM Reply   
jeff is fantastic to work with adn very helpful.
Old     (wakewoody)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-16-2013, 8:41 PM Reply   
Board is back in service! I rounded up a patch kit, Jeff walked me through the different steps, sanding, adding the glass and resin. It's not pretty, but super strong. Would post some pics, but there on my phone and it will not post on ww. A big thanks to Jeff for all your help!
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-25-2013, 5:45 PM Reply   
Surfdad helped to get my Flyboy back on the lake as well! I actually just finished up the clear coat yesterday and put on the traction pad today. Hitting the lake with it tomorrow!
Attached Images

Old     (wakewoody)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-27-2013, 7:04 AM Reply   
Looks like your new traction pad is closer to the tail end of the board? I wonder if this will make the board feel just a touch longer? Mine needs a new pad also. Has anybody tried moving the pad closer to the tail of the board? The new flyboy looks like the pad is mounted farther back.
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-28-2013, 4:44 AM Reply   
Good eye! I moved the traction pad back as far as possible and the extra 1/2-1" seemed to make all the difference (that's what she said!) in riding and maneuverability.

In all seriousness, it rides great! The board feels more snappy (similar to a 4'5" BombPop) but doesn't carry the feeling like the rear of the board is gonna break loose. Plus the board seems lighter without the full traction pad! Felt like I got more air than normal too, I'll post pics/vids but I am about to hit the road with the boat. Headed to Log Bay Day at Lake George, NY!