Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (JackMC205)      Join Date: May 2010       09-30-2012, 6:16 PM Reply   
Hey guys, today was the first time i've ever taken our 2000 Sanger V210 out by myself. My dad was cool enough to let my two friends and i take it down to our local lake without him. i was super stoked to go out by myself, and everything was going really smoothly until i was pulling my buddy through a wide channel on the lake and out of nowhere the boat comes to screeching stop on what we found was a submerged rock that had about a foot of water over it, and NO marker buoy to watch out?

luckily someone pulled us off the rock and towed us back to the marina. When we were getting towed in a guy in a Nautique 230 asked what happened and turns out the same thing happened to him a week ago, and they still haven't marked the spot as hazardous? Whats wrong with these people?

Anyways my dad wasnt upset at all and i'll be able to take her out again (to a different lake) once we re-prop her. anyone have advice on a good prop for our sanger? it has the mercruiser tournament ski 350. And we usually run around 900 pounds of ballast at the most, usually less. Also we're at high altitude here in new mexico, between 3500-5500 feet.

thanks
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-30-2012, 6:45 PM Reply   
Man that sucks. If the existing prop was working I would stick with the same pitch. The CNC props are the way to go. 4 blade for sure.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-30-2012, 6:51 PM Reply   
If you got hung up on a rock bar, I'd be wearing if tracking fins, prop, prop shaft, strut and rudder. Have everything looked over by your dealer, could be more work and insurance claim involved...
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-30-2012, 6:59 PM Reply   
You might want to add a depth finder(cheap insurance). Lakes go up and down. No "people" are ever going to mark all hazards...even hazards other boats have hit, it's up to the boater to be aware
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-30-2012, 7:11 PM Reply   
I would get all the underwater gear looked at first. As far as the prop goes, give Acme or OJ a call and see what they recommend.

You should really think about going back to the lake and marking that spot. Get an old anchor or bucket full of rocks. Attach a buoy or milk jug.
Old     (JackMC205)      Join Date: May 2010       09-30-2012, 7:18 PM Reply   
Yeah we're going to have everything checked out. And i agree, it is up to the boater to be aware, but recently there was a large algae bloom and the water is so murky no one could have ever seen it and i just though it was crazy that it was unmarked after so many other people had the same problem. oh well, live and learn. I would go back and mark it myself but its 2 hours from home

ill give Acme or OJ a call, and a depth gauge is a good idea. thanks guys.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-30-2012, 8:06 PM Reply   
If no one tells the po-po, it will never get marked. Chances are no one has said anything to the right people.