Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (familyman)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-21-2009, 3:44 PM Reply   
Is Centurion a good boat?

I saw a 05 Centurion Elite V, raack, speakers, wake plate for 27k w/ approx 215 hrs on engine.

Anyone ahve any thoughts on this boat?

Thanks
Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-21-2009, 3:51 PM Reply   
Good boat assuming well taken care of but I think that is too much to pay for it.

Centurioncrew.com is a helpful resource if you interested in centurions.

You can get new left over Centurions, and other boats too, for 30k+

T
Old     (familyman)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-21-2009, 4:01 PM Reply   
Thank T for the advice.
Have a great day!
Old     (fish6942)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-22-2009, 7:25 AM Reply   
I have that same boat. I paid around $33k for it in Jan of '06 (it was a new carry over). MSRP at the time was low $40s. That price was without speakers or racks but with the Bennett wake plate. With that being said, your price looks to be high.

Overall I've been very happy with the boat with the exception of a persistent engine hesitation (Mercruiser issue).
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-22-2009, 8:58 AM Reply   
Bryan, The Elite is an awesome boat, I dont know if the 05 is an older mold than my 07 (Good question on the Centurioncrew site.) Ive been very happy with mine
Old     (adam4x4)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-24-2009, 8:04 PM Reply   
i have a 06 and have been very happy with it. ride good and every one like riding behind it.
i paid 31k for it last may with 20 hrs. on it. i have put 185 hour in the last 2 seasons.no problems.

paul, have you figured out what is causing the hesitation problem? mine dose it every once and awhile
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-24-2009, 9:28 PM Reply   
I like mine as well. Glad to hear everyone else is pretty satisfied too. The only hesitation I have is that it cranks over a few extra turns to start. I have heard this is normal and it has always done it. I just expect newer injected engines to fire on the first rotation. Mine has given me no problems and it has close to 200 hours on it. I wish I had time to use it more. I got mine in june of 05 and paid 37K. Great all around boat, good luck.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-25-2009, 8:12 AM Reply   
I have a 05 Elite V. Its a great boat. To get a good wake out of it, you need to run weight up front. We run a sac up front, a sac in the in the center of the seating area, and then the factory center full, trim tab all the way up, 21.7 on the perfect pass. Its a pretty decent wake, and its consistent. I'm sure if you wanted, you could get it bigger than we do, but we are only beginner / intermediate riders at best, and it plenty for us. I've also heard it will throw a nice wakesurf wave, but we haven't put very much time into that. As far as the boat itself goes, I have never had ANY problems with it, and it will out handle and ride better than all the other weighted wakeboats I've been on.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-25-2009, 9:16 AM Reply   
I think the '05 is when they went to the C4 hull and continued through current. I have the '04 lightning (older elite hull) and it has been very reliable, but also do not get an instantaneous start, but it always fires after a second or two with one turn of the key. Get PP on there and you will have a solid wakeboat, but if you want a big wake you will want to add more balast than what comes standard.
Old     (fish6942)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-25-2009, 11:12 AM Reply   
I have PP Wakeboard Pro on mine. I've always had a problem with the speed wheel being very sensitive to boat roll. In other words, if PP is engaged and I pull hard to either side the speed is affected by enough that PP will try to correct. It is totally repeatable where the displayed speed goes up when rolling one way and displayed speed goes down when rolling the other way. I ended up going to RPM mode and it works good enough for me.
Old     (fish6942)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-25-2009, 11:13 AM Reply   
@ Adam - No, still haven't figured out the source of the hesitation. I'm figuring it has to do with improper programming of the ECM.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-25-2009, 2:44 PM Reply   
Paul

Another option would be the GPS upgrade for perfect pass
Old     (nyelland)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-25-2009, 9:36 PM Reply   
i have an 05 and never had an issue. I agree for a good wake, you want weigh up front. It also has a great surf wake with little weight compared to some other boats. i have never had a hesitation problem with the boat (sounds like fuel filter/water seperator) i cange it every 50hrs - walmart sells them for like $10.00