Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (airjordan175)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-22-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
going to look at one tommorow afternoon, please tell me things i should keep a cautious eye out for, things i should check on for the stringers too

thanks
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-22-2008, 1:40 PM Reply   
I would do a search here. also look at these sites.these sites helped me lots before I made my purchase.
the2001.com
correctcraftfan.com
Look for gel coat cracks. Check the motor mount bolts, loosen them then retighten them to see if they tighten up, if they dont there is a good chance of stringer rot. Honestly take about and hour or two and look at those sites and do a search here and you will find all the info you need. Soft spots in the floor around the front seats are sign the wood is rotten and most likely stringer rot also. Delamination is a sign also. I just seen you are in NC, where are you going to look at on at? I looked at quite a few before I got mine. If it is one I have seen I may gave save you some trouble.

(Message edited by burban89 on May 22, 2008)
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-22-2008, 4:22 PM Reply   
Agree with all of the above. Look at any seat mounts and feel for soft spots around any place where something is screwed into the floor. Test out the bolts for the motor mounts. A compression check would probably be worth the 20 bucks you spend on the compression gauge. All the cylinders should be within 10% of each other and around 125-150 psi if memory serves. 2001 floors/stringers in my experience, tend to hold up better than other inboards of the same era.
Old     (airjordan175)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-23-2008, 7:20 PM Reply   
went and looked at it, going to test drive it on tuesday

it has some gel coat cracks that i wonder if i should concerned with
any input welcome

Upload

and it has one spot in the floor that will probually need replacing soon, its inbetween the outline in the picture, but does anyone know how much it will cost to do, i plan on doing it myself

everything else int he floor seems solid, stringers seem to be in real good condition
Old     (airjordan175)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-23-2008, 7:26 PM Reply   
for some reason the other pics didnt work

here they are again

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-23-2008, 10:03 PM Reply   
The soft spot question is hard to answer. You have to get in there and start cutting until you get to solid wood. The materials though, aren't that expensive. You have to buy quality wood and resins and some glass and the biggest investment will be time. The gel cracks don't look too bad. You can use some Marine-Tex to seal those up. The interior looks to be in great shape. If the deal is right, you should go for it.
Old     (airjordan175)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-24-2008, 7:02 AM Reply   
thanks stephen
if the engine tests out good on tuesday i probually will