Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-10-2007, 11:38 PM Reply   
My wife and I have locked down a location for the Fundraiser. We spoke with Rich at Norcal Mastercraft in Pleasanton to see if we could have the fundraiser there and he was totally stoked on the idea. We got backing from some companies and we are going to get more. So far we've got DPC Films, CIRE, Hyperlite, CWB, Metal Mulisha, Alpinestars, Monument, Organics Clothing, O'neill, and Inner Laced Clothing.

Here are the details so far. I will have more details soon and should have a flyer done soon as well.

Fundraiser for Colby
When: Oct 13th
Where: Norcal Mastercraft in Pleasanton, CA
Why: To help Colby's family raise funds for Colby's medical bills.

100% of the funds raised will be for Colby's fund!

If you would like to donate product to the fundraiser please feel free to email me at arunfrances@yahoo.com or call my celly cell (650)438-0412

If you don't know about Colby, please read this discussion.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/465346.html?1186756722
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-10-2007, 11:40 PM Reply   
woops forgot to mention the time. It will be from 5-9pm
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-13-2007, 10:22 AM Reply   
bump
Old    mendo247            08-13-2007, 11:38 AM Reply   
Might have to make it down for this.. Thats very cool of you to put this together! What exactly do you have planned for the event?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-13-2007, 11:56 AM Reply   
Poon, CIE will be in the house for this one.

Come on guys...we need to come together for this good cause. Let's pull together and help out Colby's family.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-13-2007, 12:20 PM Reply   
that's kick ass! I can't believe you got backing from all those big name companies. I'd love to come but definitely too far from me. I'm sure you guys will do great for Colby and his family.
Old     (jbwaken)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-13-2007, 12:38 PM Reply   
Liquid Trends will be there to support the cause...Can't imagine what Colby and his family are going through....Hope all turns out well...
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-13-2007, 12:58 PM Reply   
big props guys.

Anyone thought about putting on another in the Dallas area? I'm sure the local support would be huge. Like i said, big props for bringing this together.

I realize there may be some logistical issues since most companies are west coast based. But I also know that there are lot of Tx riders that won't have a chance to be there.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-13-2007, 2:19 PM Reply   
Does anyone know if he is going to make it? It seems like he got hurt a while ago. I haven't seen any major updates regarding his condition. Just hoping that someone has some good news!
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-13-2007, 3:49 PM Reply   
We are encouraging everyone that can make it to come out for this. We are going to have a raffle, videos, food, etc...

I know many of us would and do drive hours to go ride or to watch a contest. How about driving hours for a good cause that truly is going to make a difference? Come on, lets do it!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give. -Sir Winston Churchill
Old     (svtjay)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-16-2007, 10:37 PM Reply   
I'll Be there!!!!!!!!!
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-16-2007, 10:54 PM Reply   
Right on Jason!
Old    kidrik            08-17-2007, 6:47 AM Reply   
I'll try and bring the whole family!

Thanks for doing this brah!
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-17-2007, 9:26 AM Reply   
Rik, yeah man! Great profile pic... its all about the Ohana(hawaiian for family) : )
Old     (innerlaced)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-17-2007, 12:48 PM Reply   
Doesn't look like I'm gonna be able to make this one unfortunately. Arun, I'll shoot you a PM to get an address that I can send some gear to for the raffle.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-17-2007, 1:08 PM Reply   
i'd go but i'm in georgia...
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-17-2007, 1:52 PM Reply   
my thoughts are there, but too far for me. have you thought about adding a special "out of state" raffle for this? then those out of state who can't actually make it could help the cause too?
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-20-2007, 11:17 AM Reply   
Kylie, that could work. The only thing is that the product won by someone out of state would have to be shipped and if it is a wakeboard it can get pricey. Just thinking out loud : ) Let me know what you were thinking. Always open to ideas and suggestions.

Also, we just got another donation sponsor shawkboardgear.com
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-20-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
Arun, where are you sending the funds collected? Can you PM me with info? I collected money from July from the site to donate as promised but can't seem to find where to send a check. Let me know.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-20-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
OnlyInboards... I sent you a PM.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-20-2007, 5:12 PM Reply   
Arun - never thought about the heavy stuff! (probably cuz i never win anything!) maybe it could be made clear that the out-of-state raffle winner would win a t-shirt or other small item like that which can just be stuck in a manila envelope for a few dollars postage.