Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-27-2007, 7:45 PM Reply   
who are the best L.A. area dealers? I have someone i want to refer but don't work with anyone really in the area so i figured i'd ask your opinion. thanks!
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-27-2007, 9:37 PM Reply   
Chuck Sacks, California Skier, Lake Elsinore has a pretty goo reputation from what I understand. Mastercraft dealer. Lake Elsinore is about an hour from central LA.
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-29-2007, 9:31 AM Reply   
California Skier is awesome. I would stay as far away as possible from Paradise.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-29-2007, 9:38 AM Reply   
California Correct Craft. http://www.californiacorrectcraft.com

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on June 29, 2007)
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-29-2007, 10:00 AM Reply   
whats wrong with paradise besides that they charge full retail for their boats? I thought their service was ok? I don't know, fill us other bu owners in.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-29-2007, 10:40 AM Reply   
Tillys marine in Ventura. about 60 mi north of LA. I think they won best service for all of the Malibu dealers or something.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-29-2007, 11:28 AM Reply   
I happened to meet the Warranty guy from Champion Water Sports in Valencia, they are the new Mastercraft dealer down there. Very nice guy and I got to take a look around their X-30 Demo boat, it was a sick ride.

Obviously they are new, so no track record, but I have to give a shout out due to the friendliness of this guy and his good attitude, Chris I think?? I have his card, but i am bad with names.

California Correct Craft in Norco get's massively good reviews, my boat originated from there, but i have not needed service or repair so I have not been down there.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-29-2007, 1:06 PM Reply   
When you say dealers do you mean boater dealers or drug dealers. Because if you are looking for drug dealers I think you are on the wrong forum.
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-29-2007, 2:02 PM Reply   
Well, slipnot, since you asked -- in my experience, Paradise makes it virtually impossible to have service and warranty work completed there if you did not buy your boat from them. I realize that all dealers give preferential treatment to customers that bought their boat at the dealership. But, preferential treatment is one thing, downright nasty treatment to paying customers just because they bought their boat from someone else is completely different and unacceptable.

Here is an experience I had with Paradise recently. I called Paradise to make an appointment for a 100 hour service and to have a simple repair made to my ballast system. The service guy asked if I bought my boat there. When I said no, I was told the next available appointment was 16 days later. Despite wanting something sooner, I took the appointment without any complaint. The day before my appointment I called and confirmed my appointment. The service guy said they had me down and there was no problem.

I live and work in LA but have a place at Canyon Lake. So I keep my boat down there. On the day of my appointment, since I couldn't make it from LA to take the boat in myself, I paid my storage place to take my boat in for me. When my storage guy gets to Paradise, he is told they are too busy to service my boat that day. I called Paradise myself and was told that customers that bought boats there have priority over me. I explained that I made my appointment over two weeks prior, that I called the day before to confirm my appointment, and that I had just paid my storage guy to drop off my boat. The service manager could care less. He said their customers come first. He also didn't offer to try and get me in anytime soon.

Slipnot, I only tell this story because you asked. I am not "outing" Paradise on this forum to try and get something out of them. I want absolutely nothing from them. In fact, with the way they treated me, I will never step foot near that place.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-29-2007, 3:01 PM Reply   
Well here is my Paradise Story!!

I had a Malibu that I did not buy from Paradise.

I need it to get serviced and looked over for some other issues. Called and had an appt. within 2 weeks ( resonable )
Took it in the day of the appt. they serviced it and had it back to me later that day.
No problems, no attitude, service charges were reasonsable.
Old     (ryan_mccloskey)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-05-2007, 11:46 PM Reply   
I bought my X-45 at Champion Watersports in Valencia last July; it's been a great experience. The Owners and Service staff are great people with great attitudes and they are more than willing to service their customers. Highly Recommended.
Old     (joe1975)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-06-2007, 9:14 AM Reply   
Tige Watersports.... Same owner/location for 15 years in Corona....these guys are awesome!