Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-25-2007, 3:56 PM Reply   
Anyone know who got through in jr women and jr men?
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-25-2007, 6:16 PM Reply   
Here is a link to the results.

http://www.masterswaterski.com/standings_juniors_popup.htm
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-25-2007, 6:37 PM Reply   
thanks for the link, but there's no info there! I had already tried that... it seems they havent updated it.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-25-2007, 7:05 PM Reply   
I looked just before I posted it is updated with todays results. In Jr Women 3 go to finals, I'm not sure in Jr. Men, I believe it is top 4.

Jr. Men Wakeboard
Jimmy Lariche (USA) 69.4
Jacob Valdez (USA) 63.9
Robert Soven (USA) 56.7
Raphael Derome (CAN) 48.9
Daniel Powers (USA) 43.3
Gunnar Shuler (USA) 38.3

Jr. Women Wakeboard
Estelle Tuaz (FRA) 43.0
Victoria Ivy Kulp (USA) 33.3
Corrie Dyer (USA) 27.2
Raimi Merrit (USA) 20.6
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-25-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
thanks for the info! do you know what happened to raimi?? Ive seen her ride and I thought she would make it through...
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-26-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
I hear jimmy and estelle got first. Anyone know the rest of the results??
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-26-2007, 1:41 PM Reply   
Finals

Estelle Tuaz
Corrie Dyer
Victoria Kulp

Jimmy Lariche
Robert Soven
Jacob Valdez
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-26-2007, 1:51 PM Reply   
Gunnar nice run buddy.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-26-2007, 2:03 PM Reply   
Here is a link to the live webcast if anybody is interested. I think that wakeboarding should start in the next hour or so (around 5:45-6 PM eastern time). http://www.masterslive.net/
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-26-2007, 8:10 PM Reply   
tthanks for the results!

anyone know who got through in pro women and men?
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-26-2007, 9:00 PM Reply   
Pro women got pushed to tomorrow morning due to all kinds of delays. Mens were divided into two heats with Sharpe, Rusty and J.D. advancing from the first group and Soven, Ike, and Trevor advancing from the other group. Soven and Sharpe led their groups respectively, but I think Soven had the overall high score of the day.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-27-2007, 9:33 AM Reply   
Pro women finals

1. Emily Copeland
2. Dallas Friday
3. Amber Wing
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-27-2007, 9:37 AM Reply   
What do you guys think of the way they handled the women's scoring? They had Amber Wing at 49.x, and once the competition was over, they must have decided that her run was better than the girl that was in 3rd place, so they changed her score to a 51, which just edged her into 3rd. I would agree that her run was better, but I would be very frustrated to get nudged out by a 'changed' score.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-27-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
Happens frequently in wakeboarding - protest, errors, etc. My son was awarded 3rd place at a tourney last summer and given a check for $250. An hour later after a protest by the 4th place rider they came and took his trophy and check and said it was a mathmatical error in adding the judges scores. I've seen changes made at nationals and worlds after announcements were made.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-27-2007, 10:26 AM Reply   
I understand mistakes, but that to me is extremely poor form. Maybe they need to institute some sort of wireless palms in the boat. They enter the scores and it uploads immediately to the main booth. This would increase communication with the announcers/crowd and allow computerization of the results. I would imagine they say 'computation error', but I'll bet sometimes its 'I don't want them to win' error.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-27-2007, 10:51 AM Reply   
it happened in tricks too... i think they shouldnt say the scores until they're sure...
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-27-2007, 4:07 PM Reply   
The problem at the Masters was probably due to the fact that they want a score immediately to put up on the board. So the judges don't always have the time they need to really look at it. Sure it stinks, but if it turns out the right result it must be done.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-27-2007, 4:55 PM Reply   
yeah... you have a point.. and im sure evryone is desperate to see some results... but i think it would be better to wait a little longer than to have competitors and the audience doubting the judging... because even though I didnt think it that way, as loren said, people can think of that as 'i dont want them to win'

I think it must have sucked for laura when they first announced amber's score and she was on top of her, and then when they said amber had beaten her by one point... I think she would have rather waited 5 more mins to hear the right results, even when you are desperate to know.
Old     (smylie)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-27-2007, 8:37 PM Reply   
yeah yeah gunner!
he rips on snow and on the water!
Old     (willride)      Join Date: May 2007       05-29-2007, 5:43 AM Reply   
Raimi was on crutches and in a cast at registration on Thursday. She had the cast cut off Thursday night so she could ride on Friday. I don't think she had been on the water for a few weeks. She gave it a great effort but all the Jr. Women rode very well.
Dallas rode for the first time in a contest since her injury. Before hand she said she was going to take it easy. Then she went out and rode huge. It was great to see her back on the water. She had one fall in the finals and finished behind Emily who rode very well all weekend.
Phillip rode flawlessly to win Pro Mens. With no obstacles in the water all the riders put together amazing wake runs.
Jimmy LaRiche had three 7's and a 9 in his finals run to win Jr. Mens. There was some great riding by all these Juniors.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-29-2007, 6:39 AM Reply   
thanks for the info on raimi, i was still wondering about that... hope she's ok!