Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (cwbx993)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-18-2007, 1:10 PM Reply   
do u guys have any advice on hs and ts backrolls
im kinda a beginner so any advice is appreciated
thanks
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-18-2007, 1:22 PM Reply   
I found taking a shorter approach helped me with the HS Backroll. When I was first learning I took these really aggressive approaches towards the wake... it didnt work.

Cut out about 15 feet... turn towards the wake and just drift in for about 5 feet.

For the last 10 feet, progressively build an edge until you have your hardest edge at the wake, keep your legs straight. Try to have your wakeboard perpendicular to the wake.

Wait for the pop!!!!

Once you are up in the air, look over your front sholder and then use your hips to initiate the flip, its not a hard thrust to initiate the flip, its just a gentle push.

For a TS backroll, practice solid TS wake jumps first. Then work on straight back flips on a tramp. Then try it on the water

Once you feel th
Old     (wakeman7)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-18-2007, 2:56 PM Reply   
what boat are you behind?
Old     (cwbx993)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-18-2007, 4:17 PM Reply   
a lowe fish and ski boat
and sometimes a malibu-not sure the modle name or year
Old     (wakeman7)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-18-2007, 4:43 PM Reply   
I dont have a lot of tips to give because I just landed mine this week. Try not to fling yourself around uncontrollably thats what I did at first.
Old     (jusstty)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-18-2007, 4:50 PM Reply   
Stayed tucked throughout the rotation, keep your hands by your waste and try to stay in a ball until you come out of the flip.
Old    murrayair            05-19-2007, 12:12 AM Reply   
Keep both hands tight on the handle. When I was learning the backroll, my rear hand kept coming off. The rotation is easier when you keep two hands on. If you have access to a trampoine(especially one where you can tie a wakeboard rope to something near by) practice on that. It helps immensely.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-21-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
Just landed my first on friday, what a great feeling to land your first invert. I was stoked and it was not even behind my boat and using a different board. Will post pics soon
Old     (tonis)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-21-2007, 2:53 PM Reply   
Congrats Steve. That is such a great feeling.
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-21-2007, 4:00 PM Reply   
wait, wouldnt u want to grab your board in the air so that u are able to spin faster and not hav both hands on the handle while doing the flip?