Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-14-2006, 9:18 PM Reply   
Someone spilled red wine on the white vinyl of my interior can the the yellow acid stain be cleaned away or is it time to replace the cushion?
Old    Johnny Wadd            06-14-2006, 9:50 PM Reply   
Try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I had some stuff on my seats that I tried just about everything to get off. I spent tons of $$ on all the Vinyl cleaners. Nothing worked. The Magic Erasers got the seats clean. It took a little hard rubbing but my white vinyl seats are white again.
Board More/Work Less!
J$
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-14-2006, 10:03 PM Reply   
denatured alcohol...rub it and then let the sun hit the vinyl!
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-14-2006, 10:36 PM Reply   
magic erasers rock! It might take a little extra rubbing but they have worked great for me. I did not realize how dirty my vinyl was until I used them.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-15-2006, 6:01 AM Reply   
lol, must have been date night on the wake boat eh? go with vodka next time, much easier clean up and gets the job done er....faster.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-15-2006, 6:14 AM Reply   
yes red wine is a no no in boats (ranks up ther with cheetos), but it will eventually fade out over time.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-15-2006, 6:31 AM Reply   
"gets the job done er....faster."

Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-16-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
Thanks Fella's I get's me some Mr. Clean!!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-16-2006, 1:07 PM Reply   
Seriously though... I love wine, but on a boat? LOL

The magic eraser should work, but you could try meguirs vinyl cleaner/conditioner too. Rub it in with a soft vinyl brush. It's been working miracles on my boat lately.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-16-2006, 1:55 PM Reply   
I'm with Evan - tell me they did not have 7-up mixed with it and ice in a plastic cup.. HA!! (LOL), Hopefully it was Scream'n Eagle 94 Cab. Good luck getting it out.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-16-2006, 3:06 PM Reply   
Mmmm Mike, that sounds nice. A little Screamin' Eagle, some cheese. Sounds like a lovely day on the water. I prefer the '91 though. LOL....
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-16-2006, 3:21 PM Reply   
LOL^^^^^^^^^

some sun and ass rubbin and it will come out in no time.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-16-2006, 4:08 PM Reply   
I'm sure the ass rubbin is how it got there in the first place.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       06-19-2006, 2:49 PM Reply   
just leave it out in the sun a couple of days!

a friend of mine brought her boyfriend andhis new navy blue boardshorts with her one day. His shorts left nice blue stains all over our white vinyl!

after a few weeks (2 days of sun each week, we are only out on weekends) it wasn't even noticable, after a couple more you couldn't even tell it was ever there when looking for it!

Just leave it bake!