Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-24-2005, 10:23 AM Reply   
I'm looking forward to getting one of these bad boys, and hooking it up in the boat, i'm sick of the skipping cd's, and having to change cd's every other minute. Here's two quick questions:

-any reason not to get the 30 gig iPod photo? I could care less about the photos, but it's got a color screen, 10 more gigs, costs only $50 more, and is only very slightly larger than the 20 gig version

-2nd question, anybody here use a waterproof case like this one out on the water?
http://www.otterbox.com/product.cfm?product=176&code=NA

I would think it would make a lot of sense, especially because the boards in the racks tend to drip down in the stereo area on the Nauty...
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-24-2005, 11:25 AM Reply   
I'm in the same boat as you.. I think i'm going to go for the 40GB non-photo one. I don't like the bigger size of the photo, and I don't care about the color screen. How much are you looking to spend. Macmall has a decent deal on the 40GB with free* (after rebate) stuff.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-24-2005, 12:11 PM Reply   
i was just going to go by the local apple store, but i'll check out mac mall for sure...
Old     (zaner1)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-24-2005, 1:25 PM Reply   
I have the 20 gig and it works great. I bought the fm converter to use in my vehicle and it too works great. In the boat i just plugged direct to the rc jacks. I have no need for the waterproof case.