Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-24-2004, 8:27 AM Reply   
Last night me and a friend were practicing the double up, i hit it decent once, then the second time i hit was my best, i edged about 5-7ft and went at it but i went pretty slow for the "timing" i didnt hit it that hard, but that sucker flung me at least 5-6 ft in the air.

so is it all about practice, or is there a way i can hit in w/ alittle harder edge?
Old    crash_and_burn            07-24-2004, 2:18 PM Reply   
timing is everything, my 11 year lod is hitting 6-9 foot air after 2-3 days. Itls all about wher you are riding up the wake
Old    tommyj16            07-24-2004, 3:44 PM Reply   
I keep trying to do the d-up but we never seem to make the wake form- can you explain how to do it
Old    norcal_99            07-25-2004, 12:12 AM Reply   
Take your pick at any of the following links.

http://www.wakeworld.com/columns/adkison/040113.asp
http://www.wakeworld.com/wake/theDoubleUp.asp
http://www.wakeboardnebraska.com/tips/doubleup.htm
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-26-2004, 6:48 AM Reply   
The best way that I have learned to hit the double up is to come in late. Im sure you've heard to wait until the first roller gets to you and then take your cut. I almost weight a little longer so I am coming in on the verge of being late. This makes you cut harder to get to the third roller and when you get there , if you timed it right, line tension will be great, speed will be hauling ass, and the boat will pull you over the dub sending you booted. remember on a progressive cut it may take only 2-3 seconds once you get moving to reach the wake even from way out in the flats. as you start to turn in to the edge I always try to spot the third roller. It is usually hiding behind the second roller and may not be visible till you get on approach but know that it is there and thats what you aim for if you want to go big. I didn't start hitting big doubleups until well into my second year of riding but can assure you they are one of the most addictive and fun-filled things to hit on a wakeboard!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-26-2004, 8:51 AM Reply   
Thomas, edge in the trough of the oncoming wake/roller. It will lead you directly to the double-up peak. Since there are several oncoming rollers you don't have to use the first, but for just learning it doesn't really matter that much.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-27-2004, 8:05 AM Reply   
Now do a tantrum. It's the easiest trick in the world.