Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-05-2004, 6:36 PM Reply   
I have almost every trick down on a trampoline except the whirlybird. For some reason when i try it, i throw a really fast tantrum 2 blind. I have landed them before but for some reason I cant do them anymore. Some mental block i guess. Any techniques you recomend?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-05-2004, 6:43 PM Reply   
just concentrate on doing a backflip with a full backside spin. Hold on to the handle and use it to kinda spin yourself around. Start the rotation then throw your arm over your face to go faster. Float the flip completely laid out and concentrate on your arm spinning you.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-05-2004, 6:54 PM Reply   
The biggest thing that helped me was like thane said. Throwing my arm in front of my face.
Old    yearling            04-05-2004, 7:21 PM Reply   
I used to be able to do them last year. Because I didnt stick with practicing it, I lost it. About a week ago I just spent a day trying to stick my whirlybirds again. It helps if you open up your shourlders and lay your body out, and then swing your arm around your upperbody. If you lay your body out during the flip, it helps you to spin while you flip. If I ever get my fire wire to work then ill try to post a vid.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-06-2004, 7:32 PM Reply   
Here's a video of my brother and i. It has some tramp whirlybirds. Thought it might help. http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=6583
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-06-2004, 8:45 PM Reply   
thanks guys, im gonna have to work on it. I still cant stay extended long enough to do a 3. i still do tantrum 2 blinds...so i dont know. I will get it eventualy
Old                05-11-2004, 5:03 PM Reply   
you posted this a while back but heres some help if you havnt got it yet. You have to throw your arm across your face and kepp it there you dont have to bring it down or anything really just throw your arm and everything will follow.