Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       08-01-2007, 3:50 PM Reply   
TO all local MO/IL rider (and whomever else).

I have been getting some inquiries on an all day wakeboard day on the river. Just to let local riders meet one and other. Let me know if your interested. It will probably be mid-late August. Well have a designated Sandbar where everyone can tie up and hangout (BBQ/volleyball/meet and greet)

Looking into maybe getting some 07-08 Mastercraft / CWB products out ther for checking out too.

anyone interested?
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-01-2007, 6:25 PM Reply   
We would probably be interested in helping out. The only weekend we couldn't do it is the 17 and 18 because of the LF Maven clinics on those days.
Old     (lftaylor)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-01-2007, 7:26 PM Reply   
the next weekend is wwa worlds and an int event in duquoin, il.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-01-2007, 7:43 PM Reply   
Midwestwakeboarder.com can't make it, but we could send some stickers down for everyone if it goes off.

Drop us a line to work it out......sounds fun!
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-01-2007, 7:58 PM Reply   
What's up Mike? I got to meet/ride Stan Tanner last week. He found us from your site, all around good guy and excellent rider. You should come down with him for some riding sometime and bring us some stickers too. ;)
Old     (hyperlite1622)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-01-2007, 9:25 PM Reply   
hey my boats up at the river full time and theres a bunch of boarders arond us so when you figure out a date let me now and ill let others around now. would greatly appreciate this too
Old     (silverwake)      Join Date: May 2007       08-02-2007, 4:00 AM Reply   
Sounds like a good time, but I'm booked for the last two weekends in August. Let me know if a date is settled on though, and I'll let the folks who've bought Centurions from me know.
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       08-02-2007, 9:18 PM Reply   
I think it would be a great time to hold it during the Maven session. This would allow for a great turnout- plus it also would allow some of the guys a day on the water while the women are at the clinic.

Also, maybe we can get some of the Maven team -
Taylor are you guys going to be around for the event? If so let me know, I'll give you a call to set something up. Also how's she riding (any front rolls or 3's).

Here is what it looks like;

I am thinking August 18 (Saturday).
Well pick out a sandbar soon. Any ideas on sandbars between Lake Center Marine and Dalbo? Also when is Jamaican Days?
Finally does anyone have any sliders that they can provide?
Old     (lftaylor)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-02-2007, 10:30 PM Reply   
Randy- Taylor will be @ the Maven Friday only and possibly am only because we will be heading up to the USA Wakeboard Nationals in Dayton, OH. Yeah her coach just came up and stayed with her for 4 days. She had hs back roll & while he was here she got a 3, front roll, and she is very close on a scarecrow and roll 2 revert.
Scott
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       08-02-2007, 11:13 PM Reply   
Scott-

Thats great to hear about her progression.- Well need to go out again. (of course better water and wake next time - and w/o running a clinic) Maybe we can catch up before Nationals or when you get the new x2.

Also, I was wanting to see if you could connect me with Guru about getting some out here. I have had a ton of people asking me about them.

Randy-
Old     (lftaylor)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-03-2007, 4:44 PM Reply   
Yeah that is who was here working with Taylor. Ryan said they should have more availability very soon. PM me and I will give you his email.
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       08-04-2007, 2:08 PM Reply   
Scott-
sent you a PM.

Going out on the river tomorrow. Going to check out some spots. Does anyone have any ideas for a spot.
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       08-04-2007, 2:14 PM Reply   
Wakeboardstl- are you guys helping on the clinic?

If so how long is it till - maybe you could meet up afterwords since you'll already by on the water?
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-04-2007, 6:13 PM Reply   
We are driving the clinics on both days. I don't have all of the details yet, but we have two sessions a day and I think the afternoon one leaves at 1 or 2 and we should be done by 5 or 6.

We will be working out of Lake Center Marina.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-04-2007, 7:13 PM Reply   
Stl, come to boot camp! Ottawa IL next weekend, very good time.

Stan gets around, so do I, we will def ride sometime.
Old     (jetpilotz)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-05-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
Is there a set date on this yet?
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       08-05-2007, 7:31 PM Reply   
Thinking of August 18th.

I was just out on the river, and its LOW. At dalbow is super low. We had to walk the boat out of the trailer and stumps everywhere.

THe quiver slue is great about 10 ft deep between both electric lines, however you have to put in there because it is impossible to come in from the river.

I think if we stay down towards lake center marine it will be good. Plus there are plenty sandbars. What does everyone think!
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       08-09-2007, 1:42 PM Reply   
DOes the 19th work out better for people?
I have found that most people wouldnt want to do it saturday due to the Maven session.
Old     (myaliasisnull)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-09-2007, 2:27 PM Reply   
We are going to be out this evening probably up along two branch. If I had to suggest a place to go for a meet up. Especially with the wakeboard boats I would suggest the Two Branch Slough. That is the first slough on the east side upriver of Kinders and the Golden Eagle Ferry. The sandbar on the right hand side is huge and the water is deep all the way up to the sand. So you can pull up without worrying about bottoming out. When you come in into the slough say to the far right after you come off the channel and it stays deep. Come in slow because there are some shallow parts. Stay out of the middle of the slough because the water is only about 3 ft deep out there.

http://www2.mvr.usace.army.mil/NIC2/mrcharts.cfm?index=4

Two branch is on map 90 for more information.

Btw this is the same slough that Jamaica Daze was held in last year.
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       08-10-2007, 10:57 AM Reply   
Eric,

IS that out towards winfield?

Also- i can have an 2007 x-45 and some CWB stuff. I am working with C-dub on getting some 08 gear possible for it. (problem is the stuff isnt even in for another 2 weeks to even order- so hopefully my rep can make it happen).

Later-
Old     (brizad64)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-10-2007, 11:29 AM Reply   
Saturday is defiantly the roughest day of the week on the river.
Randy, to answer your question yes Two branch is up towards Winfield but not that far. It’s the first island upriver from the Dardeene Slough on the right. For those of you that are familiar with the Cuiver it is right there out of the last outlet to the Miss. Doesn’t look like much from the Channel side but that’s were a lot of parting happens.

Just to clear things up, there is not going to be a Jamaica Daze this year. The sponsor was unable to get an LLC. And with how big it has gotten it just wasn’t worth the risk.

The closer to Winfield you get the soother the water. Saturdays can get kind of rough.
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       08-13-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
It sounds this Sunday August 19th we'll be out by Two Branch Marine. You will see one of the x45's out on the Sandbar along with a few other wakeboard boats.

Stop by and enjoy the day with fellow wakeboarders. Also, Check out some Mastercraft wakeboard boats and CWB gear.

If anyone cant show up but wants to send some stuff (stickers,shirts, etc) just let me know.

Hope to see you out there!
Old     (silverwake)      Join Date: May 2007       08-13-2007, 2:42 PM Reply   
Is there any certain time of day that people think they'll be heading out there?
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       08-13-2007, 5:56 PM Reply   
I would say mid moring-early afternoonish. (10:30-1am would be good time to head out)
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       08-13-2007, 5:58 PM Reply   
SORRY
10:30am (earliest)- until whenever
It'll be a blast!
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-14-2007, 10:50 AM Reply   
Randy - Do you guys know the best place to put in on the IL side. Could I put in at say Grafton or Marquette?
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       08-14-2007, 11:10 AM Reply   
Wakeboard STL -

I'll check on it and get back tonight.
Old     (myaliasisnull)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-14-2007, 12:46 PM Reply   
The water is going to be really low. So stick to the channel and go slow when you are coming up into Two Branch chute.
Old     (cgoode)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-14-2007, 1:21 PM Reply   
WakeboardSTL- Grafton would be the best place for you to put in on the IL side. it will be about a 10-15 min boat ride up to two branch. its just past kinders and the golden eagle ferry.
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       08-14-2007, 5:34 PM Reply   
Remember well be putting in around two branch - we'll actually be on one of the sandbars by there. I cant remember the name but there is a good deep channel on the right hand side of it to ride.
Just look for an x45 + some wakeboard boats.
I am trying to see if we can get another 07 Mastercraft out there - maybe an x1, or x2.

Also about the water levels. It is suppose to rain Thursday and Friday, so the river should be up by Sunday.

Dont forget your chairs / BBQ material / your beverages to keep you cool / and a smile for the good times you'll have meeting fellow riders.
Old     (brizad64)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-15-2007, 9:31 AM Reply   
That sucks they have moved the rain to Sunday as well, 40% chance of isolated storms. The good news the weather guys are never right around here. Local rain doesn’t affect river levels that much around here its up north that you have to watch, anyways riverbills keeps good charts and it is showing a 2 foot rise by Sunday. We were out last night around Two Branch and it was nice. The beach up the right side is perfect for some wake boats to beach, nice and steep just make sure that you come up the right side; there is normally a good size crowd on the weekends, makes for some good entertainment.

Im not from Illinois so I don’t know for sure but I have heard from a few people that the Grafton ramps can be pretty crappy during low water.

Upload
Old     (myaliasisnull)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-15-2007, 4:14 PM Reply   
I wouldn't do any riding in the Two Branch chute. There are lots of cruisers that tie up in there and they get kinda emphatic about making sure that you aren't creating a wake in that area. If you slip out the bottom of the chute and onto the other side of two branch island it is usually ok. That is where we do a majority of our boarding.

Eric
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       08-17-2007, 11:07 AM Reply   
Whos planning on coming out?
Old     (cgoode)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-17-2007, 2:46 PM Reply   
im in... as long as i don't hurt myself to bad tonight while where out..
Old     (silverwake)      Join Date: May 2007       08-17-2007, 3:01 PM Reply   
I'd really like to, but I unfortunately have a prior commitment. I'm sure it'll be a good time.
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       08-17-2007, 4:02 PM Reply   
I have a group that is going with me.

We'll be at the sandbar around 1pm. Going to grab a bite at the restaurant near the Winfield Dam before hand around 11:30- everyone is welcome to join in.
Old     (myaliasisnull)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-18-2007, 6:19 PM Reply   
We are thinking we will put in about 11ish. I passed the word to some other people we ran into on the ramp. They hadn't heard anything about it so they must not know about this board. They do now...
Old     (wannabewakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-18-2007, 10:58 PM Reply   
You guys know it going to pour down tomorrow, I was out today(saturday) and got stuck in the storm we had...It rained and rained and white capped...
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       08-19-2007, 8:14 AM Reply   
weather looks good so far.
Old     (wannabewakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-19-2007, 5:44 PM Reply   
Yall got lucky???
Old     (myaliasisnull)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-19-2007, 8:17 PM Reply   
We were in two branch chute most of the day and didn't find anyone else. We did go up river and find DriPort demoing a couple Mastercrafts and Cobalts.
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       08-20-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
Eric,

good to meet you. nice job on the three- too bad there was windchop. Thanks for stretchin out my Zues's- too bad you werent around when I first picked them up. Hope you enjoyed the x-45.

Yeah we ended staying farther up on a sandbar since the restuarant was up there.