Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-16-2007, 6:36 PM Reply   
Anybody ride there, that can tell me about it. I'll be there around Oct 7th or 8th.
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-16-2007, 7:24 PM Reply   
Yeah, I ride there alot. It's a great lake!! Tons of nice coves with good water. You can pretty much find whatever on the lake (i.e. a party, fishing, diving, wakeboarding, or just a calm cove with people chillin out.) It shouldn't be too cold then either. Its a deep rock bottom lake, you shouldn't run up on any high spots in the middle or anything. You'll enjoy!!
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-16-2007, 8:07 PM Reply   
Awesome! Any suggestions on where to stay? I have been looking at Jordan Marina & 101 Marina, they both have Cabins. I would like to stay on the south side of the lake.
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-17-2007, 7:05 AM Reply   
I'll try to think of some places. Those are both nice areas but are far apart from each other (on water and land). No one side of the lake is prettier than the other so you're prolly not gonna go wrong wherever you stay. I have some friends that stay near the Henderson bridge. I'll try to get you that phone number today.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-17-2007, 1:29 PM Reply   
it was nice when i was a little kid, 8 years old, just a 4 day vacations and my dad's family always used to go there... pretty lake but can't help really, sorry
Old     (the_nbomar)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-20-2007, 7:44 AM Reply   
This lake is pretty incredible. Not a party lake IMO. I grew up going here almost every weekend and loved it. I've been back several times now that I'm an adult and live in texas. The lake is super clean, Like hogfan said you can find smooth water pretty easily with a little looking. You'll definately enjoy it. It's amazing to see how much Mountain Home has grown in the past decade....