Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-19-2007, 6:46 AM Reply   
The description is not very good for this helmet....but I did order this helmet and it is a wake head locking....and DOES come with the ear flaps....SSSWWWEEEETTT! 29 bucks on the site...but mine came out to be 21 bucks at check out. This is a great deal my friends for a great helmet!
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2000987&cp=2367826.2672646.267 2659&sr=1
Old    kidrik            08-19-2007, 8:25 AM Reply   
I love Dicks..........! Um, wait......I mean, that site really takes care of your head for cheap! Oops.....what I'm trying to say is....

Nice helment bro! LOL

(sorry, still feelin' last night)

Hey, how'd you get it for $21??
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-19-2007, 11:23 AM Reply   
Rik....when you check out on your cart in purchase...it somehow comes out even cheaper than the 29 bucks listed. At least it did for me.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-19-2007, 11:27 AM Reply   
Scott...you ordered it or already received it? I was just questioning your 'it DOES come with the ear flaps' comment...as it doesn't appear to be that on the site? Do you have your helmet in hand...so to speak :-)
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-20-2007, 4:40 AM Reply   
I have received it....that was when I was surprised. Because the order confirmation said water helmet. the package you get says water helmet on one corner of the box and pro tec wake ace on the other corner. Yhea the picture does not show the ear flaps. But this rig comes complete. I thought it was going to be like surplus from a year or two ago that had the headlocking system but no ear flaps...thus I went out and bought ear plugs before they delivered the lid. But to my surprise....it is the Rubber Black Pro Tec Wake Ace helmet that you would see on Pro Tec's website today. SSSSWWWEEEETT Deal. That is why I wanted to share this with you....my wakebuds! Take advantage of this opportunity before they realize that shops and other retailers are selling them for $60.
Old     (wakechica)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-20-2007, 6:40 AM Reply   
I like that store I just bought my CWB Lotus with SAge Bindings from there last thursday and I only paid $229.00 for the set up where as everywhere I looked online and around town here where I live everyone wanted anywhere from $400.00 to $650.00 for the complete setup. So I figured I better snag it while I could.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-20-2007, 6:57 AM Reply   
your link isn't working now.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-20-2007, 7:25 AM Reply   
Kenny....funny thing is.....after I ordered my helmet it stopped working too. But then last week it popped up again. When the link location on the site under wakeboards....helmets tabs on dicksportingoods.com. I was trying to look back at the helmet to reread the description of what I ordered...I could not. I called them and they said I bought the last one. But come to find out...they get them from Pro Tec on a as need basis...so a special order. When they sell one...they order another one for their site. The local stores don't even carry them. So just check the site ever so often to order yours. My guess is that someone ordered one and that is why you are not getting the link to work. Crazy...I know..but that is what the lady told me over the phone. With that price...they should stok a bunch and sell them at their local retails....they would move a lot of them. I know it worked last night when I checked. You might want to call their number and see if they can special order you another one.
Item: 1994337
Description: PT Ace Water Helmet, Rubber Black, Large
Quantity: 1 @ $21.58
That is all the info from my order. Hope this helps.(see what I mean about the descrip...PT Ace Water Helmet....it's not...it's definitely a Wake helmet)confusing!