Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (sadcaper)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-19-2007, 3:07 PM Reply   
I'm about to pick up a new 07 Shane and was curious what the cupped fins are supposed to do. I like real loose boards (I ride the Watson finless), so will I need to change out these fins on the Shane, or will it be loose enough out of the box?

Thanks!
Old     (wakepete)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-19-2007, 3:58 PM Reply   
No you don't need to you can size down but in all honestly I didn't like it and its not a huge difference. One of the cool things about the Shane is the hard edge you can take into the wake and I didn't mind leaving the bigger fins on. Its naturally a slow board so I liked being able to transition to my edge a little faster with the bigger fins.

If you like a real loose board ride the witness finless. It is a really fun board that edges very hard if you want but remains real loose.
Old     (biglap)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-19-2007, 4:59 PM Reply   
(excuse my english)The Shane is perfect with the fins.... the only board that I tried who was looser than the Shane was the Roam!!!! Honestly, I tried without fins and it was hard to keep a good toeside edge when I hit the wake! That board is so fun to ride. It's not the fastest because it's slow to enter in your edge but when it's set, it's fast enough!!! Big pop, real soft landing, light.... just go for it man... it changed my way to ride!!!
Old     (longlakerider)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-19-2007, 5:16 PM Reply   
yeah the board is awaome with the fins, im pretty sure that it makes it only have a hard edge while cutting out. its almost like ridding a board finless if your not on a decently hard edge