Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (redracer2003)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-16-2007, 3:54 PM Reply   
I'm looking at buying a Ronix One & was wondering if it rides the same as Harf's old Hyperlite Premier boards? I bought the 06' Premier & it was a loose riding board that didn't fit my riding style. Any responses are greatly appreciated!
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-16-2007, 4:21 PM Reply   
It does right a lot like the premier, i wouldent say its exact by any means, but it still has that "loose" feel too it, the board i rode that had just alittle more grip but the same pop as the one is the covin, i REALLY liked that board, but i felt that the landings were alittle firm, they're firm with the one board too, but it just felt like the covin was alittle more than the one board...if i was you i would demo both the one and the covin boards, but from what it sounds like..you may like the covin in the end..hope that helps
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-16-2007, 5:01 PM Reply   
Do you ride the premeir with the center fin or no? I put the smaller fins on it cuz it felt super sticky. Youd probably like it with the stock fins on it. It lands decently soft and has good pop. Although landings arent typically soft for us who are 240 lbs. lol
Old     (redracer2003)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-16-2007, 5:19 PM Reply   
i rode the premier with the stock center fins, I'm thinking of trying to ride with bigger center fins & see what happens.
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-16-2007, 5:23 PM Reply   
you think its a loose board...compared to what you have rode?
Old     (redracer2003)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-16-2007, 5:27 PM Reply   
Yes, I ride the 06' motive. does the center fins have anything to do w/ how "loose" the board rides?
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-16-2007, 5:27 PM Reply   
the premeir seems like it would be pretty sticky with the center fin. You should give it a lil longer and see if you can get used to it. Bigger fins might help you tho and would be a lot cheaper then a new board
Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       08-16-2007, 6:22 PM Reply   
Try/Demo the Ronix Frontier, i liked it a lot better than One or Covin that i demoed. The One and Covin have flat bottom, which i think makes them better for rails, and my opinion is that it makes them slower. I rode the Frontier and it is a completely different board.
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-16-2007, 7:03 PM Reply   
If you are finding that you are wanting a bigger center fin on the Premier, then the Premier or the One probably aren't the board for you. It means you are still relying a lot on weighing down on your back leg and and not landing taking off or landing jumps with a smooth transition to the edge of the board. If you were ready to upgrade to the One, you'd be saying that you find the Premier to be TOO locked in with a center find and have been riding it finless for a season or two.
Old     (redracer2003)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-17-2007, 3:53 AM Reply   
JPK is there any boards you would recommend? Thanks a ton everybody for the input. Oh ya i have a 06' Premier 136cm for sale. :-)
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-17-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
You might want to look at the CWB Absolute. It is a pro model board like the Premier and the One, but with the center fin in it tracks very hard and isn't loose. As you progress, you can take that fin out and use the molded in side fins.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-17-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
I agree with JPK, go out and demo an Absolute, sounds like it fits what you are looking for in a board.