Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (cyrius)      Join Date: May 2007       05-16-2007, 7:59 AM Reply   
YoZ~!

I will be posted to Shenzhen to work so i was wondering any of you guys know anything about the wakeboarding scene there? ;)
Old     (liquid1)      Join Date: Oct 2004       05-16-2007, 1:34 PM Reply   
When i was in Shenzen in 2001, im not sure you could have paid me to go in the water, dirty, polluted, disgusting. Not sure if its been cleaned up, but i doubt its that much better. If thats the case i doubt theres much of a scene. Also in an area where the avg monthly wage is less than $100, probably not a lot of people with Wakeboard Boats. However, If you can get to Hong Kong, there used to be a few people who ride in the harbor on a Diesel Super Air who used to post here. I might even have an e-mail address somewhere.
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-16-2007, 2:16 PM Reply   
Actually there is a wakeboarding lake in the Shenzhen area. The boats are OK and I believe it's not too expensive to ride. I can't remember the name of the place but I'm sure if hyou look enough you can find it.
Old     (bradzass)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-16-2007, 6:07 PM Reply   
There is Foban Emin water ski club just north of Beijing where I am, sweet setup, but it might be to far for you being down south.

http://www.eminwaterski.com/
Old     (cyrius)      Join Date: May 2007       05-17-2007, 8:34 AM Reply   
yah i know about the Emin water ski club near Beijing but that's way too far away from Shenzhen! Besides i was hoping to ride every weekend or something :-(

Chris: Can you by any chance find out for me? I have asked some of my friends over in Shenzhen and they are absolutely no clue man!

Thanks for all your replies anyway ;)
Old     (whitlock87)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-17-2007, 11:44 AM Reply   
I work in Guangdong Province.
And i can tel you this

NO Nota cant happen

that should cover it, But if you find a boat, let me i can get a few boards sent over.
David
Old     (h2o_junkee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-17-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
I saw several wakeboarders in the water on the back side of Hong Kong Island last time I was there. There's a retail shop called X-Game in the city. I met an employee there who promised to take me surfing sometime. I'll bet if you inquire at one of the local board sports retail shops, you might have some luck.
Old     (whitlock87)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-17-2007, 1:38 PM Reply   
are you sure you want to go in this
Upload
Keep an eye out for the China Shrimp
Upload
Old     (whitlock87)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-17-2007, 1:43 PM Reply   
I would rather go fishing in the US.
Upload
Old     (cyrius)      Join Date: May 2007       05-17-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
Holy crap! Are those pics taken in Shenzhen? Those shrimps look straight out of a nuclear plant! They are monstrous!

So David are you still working in Guangdong? Is it near Shenzhen? Looks like the nearest i can ride is in Hong Kong :-(
Old     (whitlock87)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-17-2007, 8:07 PM Reply   
about 1 hour north.
Yes i will be there from 5/20 - 6/9
Old     (cyrius)      Join Date: May 2007       05-17-2007, 10:32 PM Reply   
Oh that's too bad...i will only be posted there in July. So where do you ride when you are over there? Hong Kong?
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-18-2007, 1:11 AM Reply   
Lawrence - I can GUARANTEE you you can ride in the Shenzhen area, on a lake behind wakeboard boats. I have been there - even been for a ride on the boats.

I looked but can't find anything - all I ca tell you is it is in the Houjie area (I believe this is south east part of the area).

Trust me it is there...good luck!
Old     (cyrius)      Join Date: May 2007       05-18-2007, 5:15 AM Reply   
Chris: Thanks for giving me some hope! I almost thought i would have to go through the hassle of travelling to Hong Kong every weekend just to ride for a few sets! :P