Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-14-2007, 7:37 PM Reply   
where are pics? I could not make it there today but want to see what is going down.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-14-2007, 7:51 PM Reply   
poor design is making the a-frame 10 feet out of the water.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-14-2007, 7:58 PM Reply   
It's good, makes for big boy rail riding Joe.
Old     (tentcitygoon)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-14-2007, 9:33 PM Reply   
The down part of the rail shouldn't go all the way into the water. The point of a transfer box is to gap to the flat or to the down, when you lock into a boardslide you want to drop of the rail not slide directly into the water. Imagine gaping to front board and trying to do a BS 180 out, you would have to try and jump off early but you would probably just catch an edge. It is more stylish/smooth/easy to do the 180 off a drop. It is a very sick rail though and looks to be build at top quality.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-14-2007, 11:36 PM Reply   
We actually cut about 3ft. off of the a-frame. I was told to do that from the start, but I wanted the a-frame to start in the water. A few people clued me in and we made the cut. I made a mistake.

I think in general, the riders were likeing it. We will listen to them and make the right tweaks to it. Next event is at Union Point in 2 weeks, I think. I promise, it will be better. We are committed.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-14-2007, 11:39 PM Reply   
Joe, its only about 6ft out of the water. You are short, I can see how you could make that mistake.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       04-15-2007, 12:25 AM Reply   
the riders were killing it out there and luckily no one was hurt. the in ground rails were Huge for the finals.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-15-2007, 6:29 AM Reply   
winners?
Old    walt            04-15-2007, 8:33 AM Reply   
I was amazed at how many people showed up in the rain. Great job DRA and all of those that sponsored the event.

Upload
Old     (h20diva)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-15-2007, 10:09 AM Reply   
Here's the winner's!

1st - Brandon Martindale
2nd - Jaret Brantley
3rd - Brian Austerman
4th - Waylan Broussard
5th - Kellen Parker

}}

(Message edited by h20diva on April 15, 2007)
Old     (h20diva)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-15-2007, 10:32 AM Reply   
Another awesome turnout, what else can Gary & I say, but thank you!

We want to give props to our Sponsors for showing up in spite of the horrible weather! Also, we want to thank everyone who helped out in making this event happen and props to all the rider's who suffered through the storm and still decided to come and ride knowing they would be freezing their butts off... You guys all ROCK! Also a thank you to the spectators who staggered, slipped and traipsed through the thick mud!

This just proves to us why we continue to do these event's and why we love the Delta. Last night has just kicked off the start of another great season!

See ya on the 28th at Union Point!
Old     (keith2002)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-15-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
Great event guys. I just finished cleaning the mud off our shoes. I guess I need to clean the truck now. I can't wait for the next one. Please don't let Josh Smith make weather predictions for that one .
Old     (domin8)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-15-2007, 12:20 PM Reply   
Very cool (literally) night out in the rain. I guess if your going to stand out in the rain for 5 hours it should be at the delta watchin these guys going for it.
Thanks DRA and all those who made this deal happen. Pretty cool deal for us to watch. I am no rider but those rails were way out of the water towards the end. Scary for me ! And for those riders that were able to hit the top of that rail on the box - WOW -
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-15-2007, 12:43 PM Reply   
Nice shot Walt!

"and luckily no one was hurt" - Actually Matt got hurt and was brought to the hospital for his arm. No exact diagnosis yet due to swelling. Wishing him the best of luck for a speedy recovery!

Thanks again DRA for the awsome event! See you at the next one!
Old     (kel_dub)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-15-2007, 7:56 PM Reply   
Sure was a good turn out even with the wet weather. My buddies an I all had fun pulling and tying off the fun box to the dock in the INSANE wind this morning, yikes! Hope everything else went ok after we took off...
Old    DRA            04-15-2007, 8:35 PM Reply   
One last Thanks to everyone who came out, After lots of hours hammering and bandages we got it put together. Special thanks to Red Bull, Delta Sport Boat, Liquid Trends, CWB, Neptune Audio, CIE, Nice Rack, Ultimate Watersports, Buywake.com, Cire, Fusion Wake, Honda watercraft, Supra/Moomba, Nor Cal Mastercraft, and Orwood Resort for making this and the rest of the season possible.
I would also like to thank Trevor and Doug for giving up some Saturdays to help build that massive fun box. Thanks also to Tim (Brick), Jody, Kellen, Jason, Buffalo, Ryan and Dave Mahondro, the whole Mauer family, Tate, Steve, and my wife for sticking it out on with me on Friday and Saturday to get things ready.
We learned alot on this one and have bigger and better ideas fot the future to make eaiser to deal with the tide changes.
My biggest thanks goes to the riders who showed up and killed it all night long in the rain and cold (stupid weather). The biggest stud of the night was Tyler (don't know the last name (shame on me)) for pulling all the riders without even a whisper of a complaint. Scott you the man also for hanging on a ski all night long and picking up riders and making adjustments to that damn kicker. Now I am tired and I am going to sleep for 3 days. I sure do love the Delta.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-15-2007, 9:39 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-15-2007, 10:33 PM Reply   
Here's a couple more pics....

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-16-2007, 9:46 AM Reply   
You guys did a great job! It was great to see so many people out in the rain. Too bad we had to leave early, we didn't get to see the finals.

Chas, that's a great shot of our boat, can you send me the high resolution version?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-16-2007, 9:48 AM Reply   
Nice job guys... The weather was brutal. It was cold and rainy, but the crowd was still there. It's a definite tribute to the loyal DRA followers and a prelude to a killer summer. Can't wait for the nice weather and the rest of the events.
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-16-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
I think that's how far out of the water that rail was for the finals!!!! That was crazy!!!
Good to see old friends again and nice to finally meet all the WW's in person, way to stick it out guys and gals, that's commitment!!! Great event, great fun and mud for all
Good chattin with ya Walt at the fire... we'll catchup with ya next time.
Stacy, good Sun morning chat...oh the things you learn on a Sun morning post event, eh?
Catch ya'll next time!
Old    DRA            04-16-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
I think it just goes to show you how much true talent the Delta Area has. The guys had some serious obstacles in front of them and never backed down.

Please check out Delta Wakeboard Camp in the future. All of the toys for the event will be at there camp and there will be more to come. Don't hesitate to contact DRA (www.deltariders.com) or Delta Wakeboard Camp (www.deltawakeboardcamp.com) with any suggestion on future obstacles or how we can improve what you have seen already.

PS. we will be shortening up the A-Frame some more for the record.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-16-2007, 11:46 AM Reply   
WOW, another great event. I am so happy to be involved with Gary and Stacey in DRA - they are very passionate and devoted to this, which is refreshing. Thank everyone for coming out and braving the conditions. The riders, once again prove to be devoted and impessive. There are so many people that put in their time, money and energy into making this event happen that did so with no desire for recognition. This season looks to be the best ever for California and I am proud to be able to help out. For any that missed it, please try to make it out on April 28 at Union Point. Take a moment to thank the people that are helping out on the docks, boats, registration,etc. as they are ALL donating their time. Also, if you have been on the fence out about competing, this series is for you. Sign up and ride - you will met a ton of local riders that are just as passionate as you about wakeboarding. Come Join us and thank you for all of your support.
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-16-2007, 1:06 PM Reply   
That first rail was even farther out of the water by the time finals came around. The tide really pulled out more than we were anticipating. I'm glad it still worked out though. It was really impressive to see guys hit that rail.
Old     (ynot)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-16-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
looked like an awesome event. to bad i couldnt make it but as Buffalow said if you can make it out to the DRA event on April 28 at Union Point. even if you dont ride or are thinking about it, come on out and hang out. Cant wait for the 28th.
Old     (mwaken)      Join Date: May 2003       04-16-2007, 3:31 PM Reply   
Still waiting on an MRI but doctors think I tore my bicep muscle. Other than that great event guys! Sorry to take you away from the event Gary.

[IMG]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q295/wilder11/mattsarm002.jpg[/IMG]
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-16-2007, 4:17 PM Reply   
Dang Matt! That thing really swelled up! Hope everything goes well for you. Well all be here wishing for a fast recovery.
Old     (lmasterson)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-16-2007, 5:45 PM Reply   
Just wanted to say great event saturday night even with that killer weather....DRA knows how to put on a event and all the riders out there were awesome..can't wait till the next one!!!
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-16-2007, 9:32 PM Reply   
You guys are awesome. We had a blast! DRA is what wakeboarding is all about to me. Glad to be a part of it!!!!!!!!!! See everyone at the next event.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-16-2007, 9:59 PM Reply   
Damn, dude. Get well soon, Matt. Thanks for the boot holders, too.
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-16-2007, 10:30 PM Reply   
Matt, I was pretty bummed to hear about your arm. I hope that you get better soon! There is always beer on my boat and you can always ride with your good arm. I hope to see you on the pirate ship soon!