Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-19-2012, 6:17 PM Reply   
I finally had a chance to hear these the other day and I was very, very impressed.

I installed them in my buddies boat paired to an Alpine PDX-F6 and they did not disappoint. Actually, they sounded better than I figured they would and were incredibly loud. They were very crisp and clear even at high volumes and handled the power well without the tones bleeding into each other and distorting.

Thought I'd throw a little FYI FWIW out there for anyone looking for some nice in boats.

PS. The only reason I don't have them in my boat is because I currently have seperates in and don't know what to do with the tweeter holes
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       06-19-2012, 6:42 PM Reply   
Hate - thanks for the props. I'm glad they stood up to your expectations. I still laugh about meeting you guys up North last year. Your boat was the one full of girls drinking that mega bottle of vodka at 10am. Not many women can roll long haul all day long like they did right up to sunset. Cracks me up. might have to dig up a photo or six. Good times. Enjoy exile tunes on yr buddies boat!

Cheers!

-Brian
Exile Audio
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       06-19-2012, 7:56 PM Reply   
http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/...D7K_8290-1.mp4

Hate-Pain, I don't think thats your boat. But thats your girls right? Oh the photo archives are fun sometimes!

-Brian
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-20-2012, 5:32 AM Reply   
LEDs in tweeter holes. Or just leave the old tweet. I have the sx in my boat and absolutely love them. Sorry but that music was horrrrrrrible but worth it for the chicks.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-20-2012, 9:23 AM Reply   
Brian, yep thats thems (my old lady, her twin and her older sister) they know how to run hard. GOOD TIMES!!! Looking forward to the next time, I'll bring my grill again

TW, thats what I was thinking. Try and paint match the dead tweeters first to see how it looks and then have some LED's done up. I could use the Tweeter cups as a housing.

Anyway, after hearing them in my buddies boat I pretty much gotta get em in mine.
Old     (Dmaxed)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-20-2012, 9:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinpdx View Post
http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/...D7K_8290-1.mp4

Hate-Pain, I don't think thats your boat. But thats your girls right? Oh the photo archives are fun sometimes!

-Brian
That looks like the Lake Sammamish party last year for the NWWSA Surf Competition.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-20-2012, 10:00 AM Reply   
It was. That was Brandons boat, mine is the the far left one in the first few seconds of the video. On a side note I was verrrry tan then, we need some damn sun!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-21-2012, 7:43 AM Reply   
Ha ha.... Where was I for this?????
Oh yeah............... Deputy Dog had me for interrogation. Or was it Ranger Rick?

Last edited by tyler97217; 06-21-2012 at 7:49 AM.
Old     (huddy)      Join Date: May 2007       06-21-2012, 9:08 AM Reply   
Got my sxt64q, harpoon, and the ZLR in the mail now!! So stoked!!! I was going to order the cabin package 3 with 6 sx65m's but they are in such demand this year there is a back order till 7/8/12. Nobody will be disappointed with the quality and sound produced by EXILE.

Brian-
Worked with Rob s. online and he was great!! Helped me solve some option choices. I dug all the youtube vids too. I will be back for more no doubt!! I am down in Bend if you guys need a rep type or boat for an event hit me up. OR EVEN JUST A PULL while in town!
Old     (Dmaxed)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-21-2012, 10:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler97217 View Post
Ha ha.... Where was I for this?????
Oh yeah............... Deputy Dog had me for interrogation. Or was it Ranger Rick?
Good times... minus the child with a half shaved head and his wife causing problems.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       06-21-2012, 2:08 PM Reply   
Digs - Yea, Ranger Rick was looking for these guys. Must have gotten you confused due to the resemblance. Leave it to boaters to break out the Tsunami pump beer bong. What a day...

Huddy - Glad to hear your Exile setup is worked out and on the way. Don't be a stranger when you get the gear. I'll be happy to help tune your boat by remote, or if I get out that way... on the water. We will have to get you setup with cabin speakers when they arrive. Many people have them on backorder. Seems like every year we try to make the correct guess on sell thru. Sometimes we blow it.

-Brian @ Exile
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-21-2012, 6:11 PM Reply   
I have 3 pair of the SX65Ms in my boat being pushed by the exile 800.1. It'll blow you away. I rarely get a chance to really crank on it tho

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-22-2012, 1:41 AM Reply   
Ya'll are making me even more Black Cloud/Exlie home sick. I am 11K miles from home and the only way I get to hear my Exile system is to listen to it over and over and over on Youtube.

The only solace that I have is that my two daughters are out there showcasing the best boat audio product on the market on the Dirty D on a regular basis.

Vince
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       06-22-2012, 8:03 PM Reply   
@Vince - When you back on this side of the planet? I've been checking up on you every once in a while on FB. Always interesting to see all that Saudi stuff. Be safe out there man.

-Brian
Old     (jrw160)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-22-2012, 9:27 PM Reply   
I have 2 pairs of sx65m's running off a kicker 350.4. They could take a lot more power, but they sound great.

I had stock separates, but I just left the factory tweeters in there unhooked. I plan to take them out and find something to cover the holes over the winter.
Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-24-2012, 2:22 AM Reply   
@Brian - @ the PWT event in Monroe WA 29th & 30th. Leave the morning of July 2nd to come be to Saudi.....
Old     (centurion88)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-24-2012, 4:58 PM Reply   
@ vince i see your boat often on the delta, if its the one i am think of(black tomcat?) by far the best color combo out there!!!
Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-24-2012, 11:35 PM Reply   
@Chris - Yes that is the Black Cloud. Good to hear she is on the water like she should be. Julie and friends have been working hard to keep the girls out on the water as much as possible. I hope you hear some Exile beats by Liquid Trends coming from her when you pass by. Next time you see her, flag them down and tell my girls Dad says hello from Saudi.

Thanks on the color combo. My only question is: Where do I go from here as I am due for a new one soon. Ideas?