Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-11-2011, 9:03 PM Reply   
Anyone see the 2012 Murray yet? Any changes in shape?
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-12-2011, 6:17 AM Reply   
^Pictures on Alliance.
Old     (TBell)      Join Date: May 2011       09-13-2011, 6:21 PM Reply   
http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/surf-expo-obrien/

The Baker is definitely the board im gonna ride next year!
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-13-2011, 7:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBell View Post

hell yea obrien did it right for sure this year, im gonna try out the contra, but will probably be rockin the format again cause i love it
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-13-2011, 7:20 PM Reply   
Quote:

do you know anything about the board? Is it flex? Rocker? Or just because it's a "Baker"?
Old     (TBell)      Join Date: May 2011       09-13-2011, 7:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarslayer View Post
hell yea obrien did it right for sure this year, im gonna try out the contra, but will probably be rockin the format again cause i love it
totally agreed. rode the format this year too and loved it but I also loved the Paradigm. whats the specs for the Contra? I can't find them anywhere haha
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-13-2011, 8:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
totally agreed. rode the format this year too and loved it but I also loved the Paradigm. whats the specs for the Contra? I can't find them anywhere haha
Can you describe the difference between the Format and the Paradigm please?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-13-2011, 10:18 PM Reply   
obrien 2012 catalog describes it all
http://www.wsj.pointofsports.eu/2012...2012_72dpi.pdf
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-14-2011, 7:04 AM Reply   
that link doesn't work.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-14-2011, 8:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakerider111 View Post
obrien 2012 catalog describes it all
http://www.wsj.pointofsports.eu/2012...2012_72dpi.pdf
I'll take firsthand feedback from a rider over a catalogue's claims any day, even if I take it with a sizeable grain of salt.

And ya, link doesn't work.
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-14-2011, 10:28 AM Reply   
http://hyperlite.com/PRODUCT/WAKEBOARDS/mens

New hyperlite stuff if the link dosnt work go to hyperlite and click on the marek page when it shows up on the home screen....hope the link works
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       09-14-2011, 12:58 PM Reply   
The 2012 Murray is the same shape as the last two years. The Marek is a new shape along with the union and clash.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-14-2011, 1:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer View Post
I'll take firsthand feedback from a rider over a catalogue's claims any day, even if I take it with a sizeable grain of salt.

And ya, link doesn't work.
I guess it was taken down, sorry bout that, but hey you still clicked on it so salt lick cant be that bad
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-14-2011, 4:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
do you know anything about the board? Is it flex? Rocker? Or just because it's a "Baker"?
Here's what Nick Ennen has to say about it....

The Baker is a flex style board with molded fins - here's what Nick Ennen has to say about it....

Yes this is a new O'Brien flex board that has molded fins. This board is the do it all board. For the wake it carves and handles with easy. Buttering around there are no hang ups. The board is stiffer between your feet and softer on the tip and tail. Because of that the board always holds good shape while riding and gives you great pop off the wake. The landings are soft and in control because of the flex and the molded fins. The base of the board is a sintered PTEX base so it is durable for all sorts of grinding and sliding surfaces, which makes it the best board out for winching. There is also placement for a center fin on the tip and the tail of the board which add more control if needed. Also most all cable parks across the world make you take your fins off so you do not damage the rails. With this board the fins are durable and have a blunt bottom so they will slide over any little spacer between top sheets of all rails with easy and no damage with never loosing any control. If you want a do it all board this is the board for you.
Attached Images

Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-14-2011, 5:11 PM Reply   
The Baker sounds like a really interesting board. And I am a full-on O'brien fan. I am curious about one thing... O'brien said on FB today that it has "industry first molded fins on a flex board"... that's not true, right? SINE boards have molded fins.
Old     (TBell)      Join Date: May 2011       09-14-2011, 10:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
Yes I know about the board. Huge fan of the paradigm and I've always loved molded in fins. If I'm not a fan of the baker once I try it out I'll most likely go to next years format, or the contra. It has absolutely nothing to do with it being a "Baker"
Old     (TBell)      Join Date: May 2011       09-14-2011, 10:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer View Post
Can you describe the difference between the Format and the Paradigm please?
Pretty straight forward. Paradigm is a flex board, where Format is a traditional board with a progressive rocker.

I've found the Paradigm to be a little..... different at first. Definitely a little more slippery on the water, different pop and a whole different feel all around. But, once you get the feel of it, its unreal! Tons of pop and super soft landings due to the flex. Also the board is super durable.

The Format has a progressive rocker, AKA, its gonna give you tons of kick, with super soft landings as well. I can honestly say it's been one of my favorite boards to ride. I've had many people I've dealt with ride it, demo it, and all come back with smiles on their face. It holds a strong edge, is super light, fairly good speed on the water, and just an all around great board.

I'd recommend the two, however, if your wanting a more traditional board thats not too different, definitely go the Format, I can guarantee you won't be disappointed!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-14-2011, 11:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by digg311 View Post
The Baker sounds like a really interesting board. And I am a full-on O'brien fan. I am curious about one thing... O'brien said on FB today that it has "industry first molded fins on a flex board"... that's not true, right? SINE boards have molded fins.
Ya Sine was the first to make a "hybrid flex board" with channels, molded fins and other bottom features.
it has molded fins, but they are urethane fins... so i guess one could argue that they are not part of the mold or core material.

its kinda like slingshot saying they had the industry first truly baseless boots. Ronix had a baseless design first, but SS can remove the liner to actually see through to the board.

these are not necessarily accurate industry arguments, but just a way that i think they could be argued
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-15-2011, 8:20 PM Reply   
have you guys seen fooshee's new ride the Liquid Force Tex? I have only seen a video of him killing it on the cable but I want to know about the flex of it and what the base is like
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-15-2011, 8:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bschall View Post
have you guys seen fooshee's new ride the Liquid Force Tex? I have only seen a video of him killing it on the cable but I want to know about the flex of it and what the base is like
Got to see Foshee and his board in person last weekend. Dude was rippin it up on tht thing, placing 1st in Pro & overall Team Point championship. He rips it behind boat as well.
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       09-15-2011, 8:37 PM Reply   
How has the Ronix catalog not been leaked yet? I saw it the other day and its pretty awesome. Didnt have time to read about all the new stuff though

One totally odd thing is that Adam E's handle/rope has optional LEDs in the rope..... not the full length but a couple feet.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-15-2011, 9:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
Got to see Foshee and his board in person last weekend. Dude was rippin it up on tht thing, placing 1st in Pro & overall Team Point championship. He rips it behind boat as well.
Indeed, dude put on quite a show! He was also killing it on a wakeskate!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-15-2011, 11:24 PM Reply   
not recognizing these boots. looks similar to the hyperlite system, but not.
phalanx got something going on in the boot department, or am i mistaken?
Attached Images

Old     (greenmoose)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-16-2011, 4:25 AM Reply   
looks like a snowboard boot with snowboard bindungs to me.
Old    readyaimfire            09-16-2011, 11:26 AM Reply   
They look like hyperlite team boots from '10 with the base plates removed attached to some snowboard bindings. Probably just rigged up to show the flex in the board.
Old     (Zesty)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-19-2011, 11:19 AM Reply   
2012 Ronix brochure
http://issuu.com/fmorelle/docs/ronix_2012
Old     (Nova)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-19-2011, 4:33 PM Reply   
That Ronix brochure is tight. As a person who considers himself a LF kind of guy, I have to say I'm super excited to demo some Ronix stuff next season.
Old     (BigTEX)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-19-2011, 8:12 PM Reply   
Cant wait to get my hands on a shredtown
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-20-2011, 6:41 AM Reply   
the Baker does sound nice, very interested in it for using it on cable. However the Rasta color scheme isn't my favorite.
Old     (ThatGuy)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-22-2011, 11:37 AM Reply   
Has anyone found the penguin yet on the Ronix brochure? If you get an actual copy of it on the spine it says "did you find the penguin?" There is a big penguin on the kids page, but I heard thats not it. I think its clever to hide something like this, subtle message. Maybe there will be a contest or something that hasn't been released yet, that would be cool. But yeah the Ronix brochure is insane! I am excited to see all their stuff, the Bill and Frank set up is awesome, so loud!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-27-2011, 10:54 PM Reply   
Little vid of the Obrien Baker
http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/all...-obrien-baker/
i am afraid it is rather short video and only a quick glimpse of the bottom
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-28-2011, 1:38 AM Reply   
What boards do you think you guys are going to order for the 2012 season? I am looking at the Liquid Force flx or deluxe for the cable and probably the new Watson Classic for behind the boat. About to put an order into the shop sometime this week.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-28-2011, 5:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bschall View Post
What boards do you think you guys are going to order for the 2012 season? I am looking at the Liquid Force flx or deluxe for the cable and probably the new Watson Classic for behind the boat. About to put an order into the shop sometime this week.
Heres my new Classic (hard to tell from phone pic but the board actually has a carbon fiber pattern to it)