Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-18-2008, 1:33 PM Reply   
well my buddys boat has some problems. the strut to the boat is bent. does anyone know what it cost them to get a new one put in there boat? im just tryin to get a ball park figure. they didnt have insurance on the boat so that is out of the question.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-18-2008, 3:17 PM Reply   
That will depend a lot on the dealer
I just had my shaft and strut replaced If I remember right it was about 1400 or so
If you have a bent strut more than likely you have a bent shaft either way the engine will have to be realigned after the strut is replaced

No insurance YIKES!
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-18-2008, 4:45 PM Reply   
if it's not bent too bad it can be straightened. prop shop can tell you if it can be saved.

what boat?
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-18-2008, 5:00 PM Reply   
well the prop shaft is toast also. its on an epic.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-18-2008, 5:02 PM Reply   
"if it's not bent too bad it can be straightened. prop shop can tell you if it can be saved. "

Not on my boat
Old    alanp            10-18-2008, 5:04 PM Reply   
prolly gonna be some money because its on an epic. i just bought one for a supersport and it was 275 bucks
Old    alanp            10-18-2008, 5:04 PM Reply   
but im installing it myself
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-18-2008, 5:06 PM Reply   
unless you need more than running gear, i'd take it all to the prop shop. if you need more, depends on what else needs to be done.

a little more info than 'has some problems' will get you more detailed answers.
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-18-2008, 5:10 PM Reply   
""if it's not bent too bad it can be straightened. prop shop can tell you if it can be saved. "

Not on my boat"

uh, no. my statement is true for any boat/strut. apparently, your strut didn't meet the criteria for salvageable. too bad for you.
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-18-2008, 6:36 PM Reply   
well i am very mechanically inclined so ill be doing all the work. i was just looking for a money figure. there is no need to bend back the strut it needs a new one for sure. and the prop shaft is snaped in half so its going to need a new one of thoes also.
Old     (riverside)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-18-2008, 11:47 PM Reply   
look at skidim.com for parts.
instal the new parts and align the engine.
Good luck unscrewing the bolt on the back of the propshaft...lol.
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-19-2008, 8:51 AM Reply   
well that was the ez part. cause its a volvo package so the bolts are in the front of the vdrive. i guess that sounds weird, but that is what it is. ill get some pictures up of what im talkin about so everyone doesnt think im crazy
Old     (mbouchard)      Join Date: May 2006       10-19-2008, 8:56 AM Reply   
Rodney - there is a company we use that makes any strut and shaft you need.

There are seven measurements on the shaft and a couple on the strut that we would need if you have no luck with a local dealer.

(PCM has some Vdrives that also bolt on the front)