Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-08-2012, 3:31 PM Reply   
Quick question about warranties- I have been riding the O Brien Natural with Xenon bindings since 2008 and I love the set- up. Last year the Xenons were pretty much destroyed so I bought a pair of 2008 IOn's ( basically the same boot) - that were brand new from a store in Wisconsin. This was last june 2011- so they had been hanging around that store a while and I got a great deal - sinnce you can't put new boots on the older boards- I was pretty happy.

Now- the right boot is tearing apart - less than a season on them as I was out a good part of last year with a blown eardrum. Question- will O'brien warranty these and if so- how do they do it? I REALLY like to foot bed in the older boots- way more cushion that any i have seen out there new today and while I'd love to buy a whole new set-up, I really don't want to give up the comfort of the boots I have

Sorry for the long message, but I would appreciate some feedback o how this is handled- even some sort of credit would be good... I don't know. If O Brien has a stock of these older boots somewhere- let me know- I'd love to get a set along with a new 144 Natural that will accept the older mounting pattern.
Thanks!
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-08-2012, 7:52 PM Reply   
Go through the shop you purchased them at. It will be helpful to have your sales receipt, you'll prob need it.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-08-2012, 8:34 PM Reply   
First, I would go through the shop you bought them from. Even though they are an older model, the warranty should be from purchase date. However, I have seen some shops void warranties on outdated products before so you never know.

If you get no luck that route, contact Obrien's customer service at 800-662-7436 and explain your situation. They're customer service has been top notch.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-09-2012, 7:20 AM Reply   
I can help with this. Let's Start here, What size Ions are you rocking? Where are they failing?
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-09-2012, 7:46 AM Reply   
William - it's time for a new stup my man.
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-09-2012, 9:20 AM Reply   
William - e-mail me with the specifics, a picture of what is happening, what size your foot is, your address, etc and I'll take care of you.

chrisj@obrien.com
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-09-2012, 11:07 AM Reply   
I got a hold of Chris Johnson at O'brien, he will hook it up.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-09-2012, 11:08 AM Reply   
And it looks like he already did!

Cheers!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-09-2012, 11:26 AM Reply   
Like I said, Obrien's customer service is TOP NOTCH, and Chris Johnson is da man!!!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-09-2012, 2:02 PM Reply   
best in the business!
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-11-2012, 10:03 AM Reply   
YUP YUP- just posted the story out on another thread- O Brien rocks!