Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (crypted1)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-23-2013, 8:24 AM Reply   
I purchased a X-30 at the very end of last year and it promptly went off to storage. I got my boat out and started cleaning it up. I found in one of the starage compartments a board. The board looks like its made out of King Starboard.Iits about 40 inches long or so and 4 inches wide. At one end it has a half circle cut out of it. It's labeled VD on the back. Does any one know what this is? Or what its used for? I checked my manual and there is no mention of it. The label matches the factory labeling thats under all the seats. Any help here would be great!!!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-23-2013, 9:17 AM Reply   
Does your boat have a removable pylon? If so Mastercraft had a holder for it under the starboard rear seat base. The holder was made out of starboard, and had 2 end/holder pieces stapled into the long piece. I remember those things falling apart in brand new boats. This was in 2006/2007 that I am talking about.
Old     (bmcgee)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-23-2013, 11:36 AM Reply   
Could it be used to support the tower when it's folded down?
Old     (v220ls)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-23-2013, 11:56 AM Reply   
Blocks wind from the bow walk thru. Probably has slots on the sides of the walk thru, that board fits in them? At least my X-10 had that. My .02 bits G
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-23-2013, 4:24 PM Reply   
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-23-2013, 6:17 PM Reply   
Are you talking like 1"x4"x 40" long? If thats the case thats way to narrow to be a wind dam and I wouldn't think strong enough to be a tower prop. Maybe Brett is right. I called a buddy who had one and he had no clue.
Old     (crypted1)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-27-2013, 6:46 PM Reply   
I'm currently at the lake and will put up pics after I get home. Give me a couple days guys. Thanks for all the responses so far...
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-27-2013, 11:36 PM Reply   
Maybe it's a paddle, cleverly disguised to fool people so no one thinks that a MC might need one.

But those pics might clear that up.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-28-2013, 3:48 AM Reply   
I'm guessing that it is just left over from manufacturing, my .02
Old     (mim3)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-28-2013, 11:17 AM Reply   
Do you have the flip down seat?
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-28-2013, 12:10 PM Reply   
We sometimes use a board like that to jack up our boom to the sky for some freestyle barefooting.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       05-28-2013, 2:16 PM Reply   
Originally Posted by bmcgee View Post
Could it be used to support the tower when it's folded down?
This would be my guess too. Although many years older, our MC came with similar.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-28-2013, 2:18 PM Reply   
What year is the boat? After thinking about it 40" would be way too long for the removable pylon.

Last edited by polarbill; 05-28-2013 at 2:20 PM.
Old     (crypted1)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-18-2013, 4:35 AM Reply   
OK, so I have pics of this thing but I can't figure out how to imbed them...
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-18-2013, 8:39 AM Reply   
If the pictures are on a website just copy and paste the URL of the picture. You push the button just above the quick reply box that has a mountain and sun. Paste the link in there. The other way is to actually push the "post reply" button which gives you more options and there you can actually add attachments.
Old     (crypted1)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-18-2013, 2:11 PM Reply   
Here are the pics.

Thanks PolarBill
Attached Images
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-18-2013, 2:47 PM Reply   
That almost has to me for the tower? Either that or it is just garbage?
Old     (crypted1)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-18-2013, 2:58 PM Reply   
I thought so too... But if its for the tower why would one be marked VD, and the other marked DD? The only thing i can think of that stands for is V-Drive and Direct Drive. The mystery continues...
Old     (dfred)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-18-2013, 3:53 PM Reply   
That is the brace MC uses to set the tower on when they ship the boat from the factory, so it does not rub the seats.
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       06-18-2013, 4:01 PM Reply   
What David said ^^^ They are universal one side is utilized for a vdrive and the other for direct drive boats.
Old     (crypted1)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-18-2013, 5:01 PM Reply   
Thanks guys...
I don't know why but it was bugging the $#!| out of me. I just didn't know what it was, and it wasn't in any of the manuals that came with the boat.
Thanks again!!!
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-18-2013, 5:15 PM Reply   


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:29 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us