Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 01, 2004

Old    jayreese            02-16-2004, 6:37 AM Reply   
Here is a picture of my new Pro V. It goes in for all the upgrades today and should take delivery on it in a week in a half. We test drove one at Larsons and we were really impressed with the way this V-drive handled in the turns and through the wake. We also loved the room in it for our young ones.
A little different
Old    tball            02-16-2004, 6:47 AM Reply   
Congrats! Great looking boat with an original color scheme. The white tower is a nice touch.
Old    jayreese            02-16-2004, 6:56 AM Reply   
Thanks tball I cant wait to see it in the water.
Old    kennethl            02-16-2004, 12:11 PM Reply   
sweet! I've never seen the flame graphics before. Guessing that was custom. We bought our 04 in November and cant wait to finish breaking it in.

congrats
Old     (deltajake)      Join Date: May 2003       02-16-2004, 3:27 PM Reply   
Jay. nice boat! I looked at your info and noticed you are a Union plumber. What shop? I work for Cal-Steam.
Old    jayreese            02-16-2004, 3:44 PM Reply   
Mike, I work for Columbia Mechanical in S.F. Which branch are you at?

Kenneth, I guess Calabria makes the flames for their team riders and when the boys at Larsons saw one they had them make two for them to sell.
One red one and one Orange one.
Old     (shakes5)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-16-2004, 5:13 PM Reply   
Jay, my best freind owns a cal-air and loves it. I tell him it's my boat and he just makes the payments. Anyway it's a great boat with lot's and lot's of room. Have fun
Tim
Old     (h2oskeefreek)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-17-2004, 4:03 AM Reply   
what tower is that? is that the phat budde? any more pics of the tower?
Old    jzwake            02-17-2004, 7:41 AM Reply   
Mike J, Jay Reese.

I work at the UA HQ in DC. Maybe they'll spring for a UA Boat. }
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-17-2004, 8:39 AM Reply   
Thomas that is a factory Boss tower.
Old     (switch)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-17-2004, 2:33 PM Reply   
Here is some picks of the flame job, This picture was taken over one and a half years ago. I do like the new flame better.

Old    jayreese            02-17-2004, 2:41 PM Reply   
Whirlybird,
Just when I thought I was going to have a one of kind.

Beautiful boat and I like the grey accent stripes
Old    jayreese            02-17-2004, 2:49 PM Reply   
JZwake,

I think it would be tough to book a trip on it.
Nice to hear from a UA brother from across the land.
Old     (switch)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-17-2004, 3:56 PM Reply   
Jay, I think there is not that many flame Calabria boats out there. I never ordered any, it just was not working for me. Mybe someone at the factory will say how many flames they made. I think it was a Larson only deal. Injoy your new boat
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-17-2004, 6:31 PM Reply   
That color is going to be so dated in a few years....got to think ahead when you order somthing like that....especially orange with flames....haha
Old     (zacky)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-17-2004, 9:01 PM Reply   
Ryan, why are you going to bag on the color of his boat? I think it looks smooth Jay...

Congratulations on your purchase!
Old    jayreese            02-17-2004, 9:18 PM Reply   
Thanks Oscar,

I Think it is going to go great with my wifes orange bikini and I think its going to take little more than a few years for that to go out of style.\clipart{proud}
Old    kennethl            02-18-2004, 11:55 AM Reply   
hmm? Jay, does your wifes bikini have flames too that would be off the chart we might need a pic of the entire setup
Old    cws_kahuna            02-18-2004, 12:05 PM Reply   
Nice looking boat, When will you be able to try it out?
Old    jayreese            02-18-2004, 4:26 PM Reply   
Richard B. I pick her up on Friday and will take her on the water Sunday (weather permitting)
I did drive a twin sister last saturday and just was completly amazed at how well the boat handled in the turns and through the double ups
and at 34mph it actually had avery skiable wake.
Thanks for the kind remarks

Kenneth as soon as I get her I'll post a picture of her with all the bells and whistles on
Old     (swellbow)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-18-2004, 5:42 PM Reply   
JAY WE NEED TO GET YOU SOME NEW PICS.
BUT THAT SURE IS A NICE BOAT.
Old    dfish            02-18-2004, 5:47 PM Reply   
Jay

Congrats on a beautiful boat! The best toys are the ones you make your own.

I argued with CC for three months before they agreed to send my 04 SANTE without ANY graphics or tape.

Now the dealer thinks I'm nuts for considering having it re-painted.

Hopefully you got out this weekend, let us know how it was--still snowing in my part of the world.
Old    walt            02-18-2004, 7:23 PM Reply   
Great looking boat Jay !
Lodi is a nice little town My Mother and brother live there.
So is Wakestock going to be at Lake Lodi ?
Old    jayreese            02-18-2004, 8:06 PM Reply   
Fred, You know the next picture i post on her will be Fri. night and you'll be in it as I'm shaking your hand and thanking you ( and the rest of the Larson's-Rancho Cordova staff) for the awesome deal, outstanding customer service, and ease of mind oh so smooth sale.

Dan I have a sneaky feeling it will be raining a little but hay boats are made to get wet, right?

Walt- I lived in santa rosa for 14 years before i came back to Lodi great town and only 15 minutes away from the smooth delta
Old    dfish            02-18-2004, 10:04 PM Reply   
Lodi CA? I have friends and family in Lodi, can you ride this time of year? What is water/air temp?
Old    jayreese            02-19-2004, 6:31 AM Reply   
Dan,
Its definatly a dry suit thing if you want ride at this time of the year and there is a lot of junk in the water like wood debris(telephone poles and such) but there are a few hard core guys who do it. I like to wait till April to actually get the water.
Old    dfish            02-19-2004, 6:20 PM Reply   
I used to adhere to the 80 F. rule. If the water plus air temp = 80 F. I am on the water. As I get older it is up to 120 F. Right now its 62 F.

Thanks for letting us guys in the frozen tundra to daydream a little. Please let us know when you take the new baby out.
Old    jayreese            02-19-2004, 7:25 PM Reply   
Dan Its amazing how tolerance for cold gets smaller as your age gets bigger. My kids could be blue and swim all day.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-20-2004, 9:55 AM Reply   
Dan,

It is around the 100 to 110 temp now around the Disco Bay area. The water is around high 40's to 50 degrees...and we've had a some days climb up to around 60 degrees. There is some nasty debris now also..so you have to be on your toes and watching. But there can always be that log just below the surface. It is nice to get your boat out though and not have it sit all winter! I'm using a drysuit..but I know several people that go in a full wetsuit and don't seem to mind it......