Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (gatorhator)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-04-2005, 9:24 AM Reply   
I am currently on a State 140. I to a LF team for a demo ride and realy liked it. Was thinking about taking a 3DS out also before I make a decision.

Any one have any comments on the 3DS?
Old    2upboarder            08-04-2005, 9:41 AM Reply   
I have the 04 LF high back bindings which are pretty much the same as the 05 3DS and they are totally awesome.
Old    2upboarder            08-04-2005, 9:42 AM Reply   
oops, meant hyperlite, not LF
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       08-04-2005, 9:44 AM Reply   
you're talking about the board 3ds right UF MBA? I'm not sure if mike got that. Anyway i heard that the 3DS is like the old TFD. I haven't ridden the 3DS but if it is like the TFD than i'd say go for the team. I learned on a TFD and really liked it but once i rode the team i liked it more. The team feels lighter, and well i just liked it better. But give the 3DS a demo and see which one you like better, its all personal preference.
Old     (gatorhator)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-04-2005, 9:55 AM Reply   
Ya I am talking about the board, I am going to try a 3DS but if i dont like it ill probably go with the team.

Are there any issues with long term use of HL bindings on a LF board. I had to put washers on the bolts to make it fit for the demo. Is that ok long term?

(Message edited by gatorhator on August 04, 2005)
Old    2upboarder            08-04-2005, 10:03 AM Reply   
haha, my bad
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-04-2005, 10:17 AM Reply   
USE THE FORCE UF MBA then buy it !! hahahah a

i like the force better than the hyperlite line.... check out the fish, and the litmus also

i hear theyt rock and the fish KICKS ASS... im out to get me one this week
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-04-2005, 10:22 AM Reply   
UF, I have a team with HL bindings and I am on my second season right now with it like this (using washers like you mentioned) and I have had absolutely no problems with the setup. Love the Team
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-04-2005, 12:59 PM Reply   
I ride the 3DS and really like it. I came from an old style premier after 4 seasons on it. The 3DS has good pop and stable and soft landings...generic talk I know.

I do think the stock fins on the 3DS are too tight so I got it with the .8 P-Wings.
Old    7ftdubup            08-04-2005, 1:10 PM Reply   
i Ride a 05 LF substance and am a hardcore LF rider but the 3DS and the Premier are two of the best all around boards out there, they both blow the team out of the water. If you are looking for a good LF board look at the 06s and wait for Watson, Shanes, and Necarsons shapes to come out. I doubt the 3DS and Premier will change much so if your heart is set on the 05 3ds get it, its a great board.
Old     (gatorhator)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-04-2005, 2:34 PM Reply   
Thanks Benny, I plan to go ride a 3DS tomarow so I guess ill see then. Also after the 06 graphics came out am am definately getting an 05 if I decide to go with the 3DS. In my opinion the graphics on the HLs next year are terrible.
Old    260searay            08-04-2005, 4:44 PM Reply   
I have an 05 Team/Sphynx and really like it. Then again i dont know better because i am a rookie.
Old     (gatorhator)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-05-2005, 8:29 PM Reply   
Well the 3DS ummm sucks.... I guess I am going with a team. I got on a Byrely also that is a fun board even with no fins it is like riding on a railroad track. Not my style but I can see why some people like it.

Ya know Jerret you may have a point the thing I did not like about it was that it was too tight. maybe ill try the 3DS with smaller fins on it before I give up on it.

(Message edited by gatorhator on August 05, 2005)
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-05-2005, 8:52 PM Reply   
I fell in love with the team the first time I rode it, no replacement for cupped side fins!! wooohoo! great board can not go wrong
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-16-2005, 7:05 PM Reply   
UF MBA:

could you elaborate on how the Team compared with the 3DS?

been riding the Team; I'm curious how's its tracking, speed, pop compares with the 3DS..

thanks, man..
Old     (gatorhator)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-18-2005, 2:16 PM Reply   
It is hard to describe. I did not get the same pop from the 3DS and it was also a bit tighter. All in all there were a lot alike but on every aspect I felt the Team was a bit better except posibly on tracking.

THe team had better pop, felt faster on the water and had a bit softer landings (possibly cause I was not getting as high)

Hope that helps but ill tell you I did just buy an 05 team w/ sphinx bindings. Got a great deal also for $400.00 for the whole package.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-18-2005, 5:46 PM Reply   
good stuff. i think i'll hold off with bying the 3DS for now. Team has been good for me.

btw, are you riding your Team with 1.7" center fin? the 3DS got no center fin, right?
Old    aceofspades            08-18-2005, 9:15 PM Reply   
Are there any changes between the 05 team and the 06 besides graphics. Thanks
Old     (midwestrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-19-2005, 6:34 AM Reply   
Did you ride the Team with the center fin in or out? I am not quite clear, would you say the Team or 3DS popped more? Since you say the 3DS felt tight, did you have any problems breaking it loose for butter slides at all? I am looking at both of these boards as well.

I was actually thinking of the 143 3DS DNA, but I from reading Hyperlite's description of the board, I am not sure if I want a board that tight or not. I am currently riding the 03 140 Premier DNA and I love the loose feel, but I think at 240 I need a board with more surface area as I occassionally sink the Premier. Thanks for you input.

Jb
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-19-2005, 7:30 AM Reply   
Josh,

Do you ride your Premier without the center fin? If so, then you'll find the 3DS with .8 P-wings very similar. If you like the center fin on your Premier, a comparable "looseness" would be the 3DS with 1.0 P-wings.

Good luck.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-19-2005, 7:58 AM Reply   
I have the 3DS and so far I love it. The board hooks up real tight when you put it on edge and is fairly loose when not on edge(butter slides are cake). The rocker is very aggresive for a continuous rocker and produces tons of pop if you have decent form. Landing on the 3DS is real soft, the best landing board I've owned in the past 10 years.

The 3DS isn't the best board in any one specific area; however, it has a great combination of qualities to fit my riding style.

Josh - the 3DS is tighter then a prmier on edge and much looser then the primier when not on edge.
Old     (midwestrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-19-2005, 9:19 AM Reply   
Yeah, I ride the Premier without the center fin. I like how loose it feels when doing butter and lips slides. Now that I think about it though, it does feel a little too loose when on edge if I don't hold it just right. From what you guys are saying, I may just love the 3DS. Thanks alot.

Jb