Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                07-31-2004, 3:30 PM Reply   
hello i been trying to clear the wake for along time i hit the wake really hard do the pop and stuff and i cant do it.. do you think i should make the rope a little more short take couple things off it.. And how should i get up slow or fast?
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-31-2004, 11:16 PM Reply   
start slow and build up speed as you edge in, bend your knees and keep the handle low then when you hit the wake push the handle to your hip and you should clear it.
Old                08-01-2004, 2:09 AM Reply   
phat thanks alot man i will try that next time
Old     (rob_c)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-01-2004, 6:29 AM Reply   
Chris, you can try letting the rope out all the way use a progresive edge (let the boat start your edge in then build it up as you approach the wake don't let off your edge )Try this five times trying to clear the wake then pull the rope in ten feet and you will clear it no problem .
Old                08-01-2004, 1:14 PM Reply   
thanks robert i will try that 2night i get to go boarding tonight im stoked i will try it and post if i did it thanks..
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-02-2004, 11:37 AM Reply   
get some ballast bags for the back of your boat to make the wake bigger
Old                08-02-2004, 10:19 PM Reply   
wow thanks guys i did it and i finaly clear the wake with big air soo happy i had a big smile on my face for hours going out 2morrow gunna try couple wake to wake 180 heehee nothing big yet
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-03-2004, 7:27 AM Reply   
awesome and before you know it you will be doing 360's like nothing
Old     (rob_c)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-03-2004, 8:33 PM Reply   
Right on Chris !
Old                08-04-2004, 6:39 PM Reply   
i was gunna go wakeboarding to day but the water has 8 foot white caps hmm lol but im doing great im soo happy
Old                08-05-2004, 6:27 AM Reply   
chris... about rope length... its different with every boat. with my boat, at 20-22mph the wake is too wide for me to jump confortably. I ride with 2 sections taken off my rope. Most of my jumps are around 5 feet high, and I land nicely on the other wake. If I want to go big, then I have to land in the flats. If the rope is any shorter, I always land in the flats. If the rope is longer, I have trouble landing on the other wake. Try different lengths and see what works with your boat. If the rope is all the way out, it's possible to jump and go for distance. If you go for distance, you will clear both wakes... BUT wont get any height. There's a happy medium. Most boats have a nicer wake a little closer to the boat anyway. My wake crumbles over at 21mph when I'm on full length. At 2 lengths off, its nice, crisp, and vertical.

have fun