Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (balti)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-18-2005, 12:32 AM Reply   
Hey Yeah,

Anyone out there use the HBI TOWER SOCK, I need a tower cover that will cover speakers, racks and tower.

Any other suggestions will be appreciated

Karl
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       07-18-2005, 7:41 AM Reply   
Personally I think the Tower Sock looks like butt and it's too expensive. I made my own tower cover...I bought some sunbrella, a long heavy duty zipper, a couple straps and clips, took some measurements, and my wife sewed it together. Cost about $70 total and I like it a lot better than any Tower Sock I've ever seen...
Old     (supralaunch21v)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-25-2005, 10:12 PM Reply   
David P,
Any pics of your handy work?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-25-2005, 10:22 PM Reply   
The $700 HBP tower sock. Isnt the best looking tower add on. But hey if it works good then what ever. How good looking can a one size fits all tower sock look. Personally I have seen the HBP tower sock and think its pretty cool. Anyone that leaves thier boat outside with tower speakers could use one they are water proof. And the fact that you can tow with it and it covers your whole tower I think its a good deal. Plus I havent seen anything out there better. (Screaming Sacks} do a search here. They make custom cover's for tower boxes for a good price, but they are just tower speaker/tower box cover's not tower socks.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-26-2005, 6:20 AM Reply   
FYI - The towersock is now down to only $449.000 - thats a steal and looks pretty decent in my opinion.

Da

Old     (wakeboarddad01)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-05-2005, 4:51 PM Reply   
The Tower Sock is excellent. I have one for the last 2 years and it works great. I have 2 defcon's and a light bar and bimini and it covers it all up nicely. I haven't seen many around but I would suggest that you buy one. The price I paid was around $450.00. I would buy one again....
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-06-2005, 7:07 AM Reply   
David P what type of sunbrella material are you buying for a total of $70? When I had my bimini done it was a lot more expensive than that.