Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sledgehammer)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-03-2012, 12:15 PM Reply   
I ride a '12 Ronix One timebomb (138). I love it behind the boat, but I'm not liking it well at the park. It has 0 flex (built that way) on the obstacles, and hard landings off the kickers.

Some guys from the Slingshot factory were riding here at BSR this weekend and I asked if I could demo a board. They were real cool guys and set up a '12 Whip 143. I rode it around a few times then started hitting the kickers. The difference in landing was phenomenal. It made me realize that I have to get myself a park board. I may just go ahead and get a Whip but I wonder if anyone has experience with the Schnook?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-03-2012, 12:27 PM Reply   
do you want a product that you know works great and handmade in america or do you want a board with LED lights...
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-03-2012, 12:58 PM Reply   
Just get the Whip, love mine so much I got another.
Old     (sledgehammer)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-04-2012, 7:06 AM Reply   
Thanks!
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-05-2012, 4:24 AM Reply   
I rode a whip for a season and loved it until I tried out the response. If you want a softer landing board try out the response. If you're looking to have one board for both boat and cable then I'd stick with the whip.
Old     (gregs_place)      Join Date: Sep 2012       12-05-2012, 9:40 AM Reply   
what about just a board for just the cable with good flex and a soft landing? what are your thoughts about the phoenix project s?
Old     (sledgehammer)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-06-2012, 9:05 AM Reply   
Yeah, I'm looking for this to just be a cable board for me. I'll see if I can get a ride on a response. Some buddies also have LF Watson and Deluxe so I think I'll try those also.

Is the phoenix project s the one with the yellow scrape off stuff? I know a guy who has one and seems to like it. I haven't ridden it.
Old     (gregs_place)      Join Date: Sep 2012       12-06-2012, 9:42 AM Reply   
yes the phoenix project s is the one with the yellow scrape off stuff. I am looking for a cable board too for the spring and im trying to find out what is the best slingshot cable board and if anyone has ridden the phoenix project s
Old     (bbsxkills)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-07-2012, 10:47 AM Reply   
greg, I ride the phoenix s and i love it. It's got enough flex in the tip and tail to really press stuff out but it's a bit stiffer in the middle so it doesn't feel like a noodle out there. It's got the channels on the bottom to track really well and it's wide enough to make for nice, soft landings. hope this helps.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-07-2012, 6:48 PM Reply   
I really enjoyed the Phoenix when I rode it at the park this summer. Fun flex, slid REALLY well, but still rigid enough that it didn't feel odd. The base is quite durable as well. It's a solid option. Forgiving also with it's full rails.