Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-05-2009, 9:58 AM Reply   
Anyone out there riding one yet? Looking to get an all in one board (rails/boat) for the upcoming season. Would like to see how it compares to a Marius (board I rode last year) and a Witness (board I rode before Marius), both of which I really enjoyed. Just interested in people's thoughts on speed, pop and durability compared to the two listed above.
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-05-2009, 11:55 AM Reply   
Haven't rode it yet. We just got some into the shop. It is a little bit heavier than I thought it would be.
Old     (premier135rider)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-05-2009, 8:08 PM Reply   
So far i have rode the board on the wake mainly (for about 2 months) and a few rail sets...i like the board behind the boat... similar ride to a premier, but the hybrid rocker makes it a little faster into the wake, and land a good bit faster than the premier....also the little bit of flex in the tip and tail softens up the landings and makes it really fun to play around on.
If the fins are too grippy for you, because they are ABS you can grind them down to you liking
On rails the board is super solid, and it is pretty much indestructible, the edges can take a beating with out splitting and you can hardly tell on the fins it has been slid. The graphics will cloud up pretty easy but the bottom sheet holds up really well.

I would say it will ride more like your Marius then the witness for sure...not exactly the same, should be a hair faster and a little more nimble edge to edge.....

Adam @ Performance ski and surf
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-05-2009, 8:20 PM Reply   
Adam - How would you say it pops? Also, how does it compare to the Monarch?
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-05-2009, 8:27 PM Reply   
I am waiting on TXMC to get some in so I can check them out. I think it will be an awesome board. I was on a Marius last year and that is what I always wanted from the Marius (faster and better edging) I probably should have waited.
Old     (premier135rider)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-05-2009, 9:29 PM Reply   
The pop is really hard...similar to the monarch, maybe not quiet as hard but def harder than the premier......it grips a little more than the monarch, which i like how lose the monarch is, and speed wise the monarch is a little faster over all....
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-06-2009, 5:09 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info Adam, just the info I was looking for. I would assume you guys have some at the shop?
Old     (premier135rider)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-06-2009, 8:26 AM Reply   
No problem.....Yeah we just got some more in last week....if you want to call and ask me more about it i will be in 1-9 tonight!
407 859 7544
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-06-2009, 4:35 PM Reply   
I just shaved the fins down on mine and it rides much better for me now. I swear by the Monarch so the Assault was too grippy but not any more after we took the dremel to it and cut about half the fin off it is much looser. It is now looser than my Monarch but was alot of fun to ride and great on rails.