Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mox369)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-15-2013, 10:16 PM Reply   
Hey guys,
Im new to NEW boat ownership, had a great summer with our 2013 Supreme V232, but now its time to sell her. Want to have it sold by the time the snow flys, any tips or tricks to sell a boat at the end of the year? What websites have you had the most luck with? I think we have it priced right at $53,650 but any input would be helpful. Really dont wanna have to put it in storage for the winter and keep paying on it. Thanks!!
Attached Images

Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-15-2013, 10:48 PM Reply   
Onlyinboards, Craigslist, Supreme Forum (if they have one), etc. Good quality of pictures and a sharp description (good sentence structure, words spelled right) seems to attract more. Best of luck on the sale.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-16-2013, 5:08 AM Reply   
Only Inboards worked great for me.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-16-2013, 6:07 AM Reply   
+1 Onlyinboards
+1 craigslist
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-16-2013, 6:30 AM Reply   
List it on Craigslist in other areas.....bigger the city the better. If they are shelling out $50k+, they will be willing to drive a little, or at least meet you some where.

Good pictures taken outside and not in a garage or at a gas station at midnight. Give them pictures they want to see, not 40 pictures from 20 feet away. If you know a little HTML code, you can embed pictures into Craigslist from a Photobucket type site and the pictures will be bigger.

Be descriptive, but not a college essay. List the features, but don't copy and paste the basic features from Supreme's website, people don't want to spend 20 minutes reading your ad. Plus, I'm sure they know it has a Speedometer.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-16-2013, 6:48 AM Reply   
Year, make, model, hours, price, location. Then OPTIONAL features because nobody cares about the standard ones although it's always good to mention perfect pass and ballast even if it came standard with that model. You'll also want to mention what engine it has. Don't copy and paste the specs off of the NADA website either. Nobody cares what the beam length and dry weight is.
Old     (jafo9)      Join Date: May 2012       08-16-2013, 10:40 AM Reply   
agree on the quality pics. show the important stuff both good and bad. a knowledgeable buyer will be able to see upgrades like stereo/PP/ballast/amps/bigger motor/etc from good pics. most important, don't lie. that drives me nuts when i see the boat in person and it wasn't as billed online.
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-18-2013, 9:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafo9 View Post
agree on the quality pics. show the important stuff both good and bad. a knowledgeable buyer will be able to see upgrades like stereo/PP/ballast/amps/bigger motor/etc from good pics. most important, don't lie. that drives me nuts when i see the boat in person and it wasn't as billed online.
GREAT POINT!! I NEVER say "Great Condition" or my personal favorite, "Like New"! I'm pretty sure the buyer's idea of Great Condition is not the same as my Great Condition. Good pictures will show the condition.

When a buyer calls and they ask about the condition of, lets say, the interior, I tell them EVERYTHING that bothers me. Nothing loses a buyer faster than when they are surprised when they come to look at it. Plus, if I mention even the little things, the buyer knows I'm not leaving out the major things.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-19-2013, 5:14 AM Reply   
Don't be afraid to list some of the minor issues either. It will make buyers feel more comfortable in their decision making process.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-19-2013, 7:14 AM Reply   
Only inboards is about the best. Just sold mine last week and the buyer called within 24 hours from the only inboards add and drove 22 hours each way to get the boat. I also had it on boat trader. Don't waste the money on there. Have got nothing but scam emails. Plus they are $50 for 14 days and not a single lead from there. Pricing it right is critical this time of year. If you want it sold before winter you really need to be on the low side. My RZR was the cheapest one I could find in the country and that generated calls from all over the US.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-19-2013, 10:03 AM Reply   
I sold mine on Friday. Guy came from 11hrs away to pick it up and paid cash. I listed on Seattle craigslist and onlyinboards. I got one lead from OIB, a guy from Canada who seemed very interested but stopped emailing after a couple of days. I got 3 very good leads from Craigslist, the guy who bought it, another guy who test rode and went to talk to his bank (but it was sold by the time he called me back), and a 3rd near by who seemed very interested on the phone but it sold before he could look. I didn't get any lowballers or flakes from craigslist this time (although I did get a scumbag call [as usual] from some place offering to sell my boat for me). I put up as many pictures as craigslist would allow and then linked to an external album I uploaded (http://www.massassi.com/albums/sanger_v210/). I tried to get every angle of the boat, including underneath so people could see it wasn't gouged from beaching or whatever. I decided not to bother with boat trader this time around because last time I got no leads from there and it just felt like a rip off.

The guy who bought it asked if there were any issues before he made the drive, and I was nervous about mentioning anything because I didn't want to lose the sale, but I'd have been pissed if I showed up and a boat wasn't as described so I listed every little thing I could think of that could be considered an issue. The biggest one was that the tires, although looking good with good tread, were original (from 2004). Buyer didn't seem to mind and went straight to the tire shop after the sale to get them replaced before the long drive home.

All that said, my boat was a bit less than half the price of the one you're talking about.