Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-06-2008, 7:50 AM Reply   
Me and six friend's are planning a trip April 21'st. No wives, girlfriends, or kids on this trip it's our annual spring mancation trip. It would be nice to find a nice house to rent for the week, but I have not been able to find too many places most seem to be pretty run down. Our other option is camping which we're not opposed to, but it would be nice to take a shower and have a kitchen or BBQ to cook with. If anyone has done similar trips to this area or somewhere close (we're heading out from El Cajon) any info would be great. Thanks in advance..... Paul
Old    alanp            02-06-2008, 8:15 AM Reply   
paul i live in yuma and will try to help you out. first off are any of you guys active marines? if so there is a resort down there available to marines that i've heard is decent. the campground at martinez has showers and i guess you could bring some type of grill if need be. if i were you i would stay in yuma. you can rent a slip at the boat dock there pretty cheap, 50 bucks for the week i think. you can ride all day, leave the boat and return the next day. i've never heard of thing being stolen at any of the slips. yuma will offer alot more sleeping options and you are within 30 minutes of the river. if you do want to stay at the river you can look at hidden shores which is at the very southern end of the river. there are some units in there for rent. if you havent been on the river before, give me a shout and i'll give you a quick tour. there are just a few things to watch out for but i've seen alot of damage caused by these obstacles. let me know if you need anything

rsgtrman@yahoo.com">prsgtrman@yahoo.com
Old     (sthcst)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-06-2008, 9:21 AM Reply   
I agree with Alan...check out Hidden Shores. Great facility and they have a few units for rent to the public. They have a little store where you can get drinks / ice / etc.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-06-2008, 10:40 AM Reply   
Alan, no I'm not a marine, but I did check out hidden shores web page. I'm leaning towards renting one of the mobile homes $600. for a week not bad. I think after being on the water all day I'd like to sleep in a bed. Over all I think the price difference vs camping will be minimal. Has anyone stayed in one of their rentals, and if so is one nicer than the other, or one I should avoid?
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-07-2008, 3:17 PM Reply   
Before I bought my house in Lake Havasu, we used to go to Martinez all the time. We'd always rent the mobile home with the dock out back, and just leave the boat in the water. I'm pretty sure it had a BBQ too.
http://www.martinezlake.com/Rates.htm

I think it was C-58.

Back then, accomodations in Martinez were basically trailer-park-style, with dirt roads, but you could find glassy water all day long, so that more than made up for it. From the looks of the pictures I've seen, the town hasn't improved much.

Hint, unhook your boat in front of the restaurant. If you try to pull up to the unit, with it, you're going to be backing out a long long way.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-07-2008, 3:32 PM Reply   
I talked with my friend who lives down that way, and he's bringing his travel trailer. He said that they always camp at Fishers landing. Well I guess that's where we'll be staying. I hope he made the right call. Anyway I'm sure we'll have a blast no matter where we stay. Thanks everyone. Paul
Old    alanp            02-07-2008, 5:24 PM Reply   
paul if you have a travel trailer you'll be fine. i wouldnt camp in tents down here because there is so much dirt/dust. however in a trailer you guys will be fine and should have a great time.
Old     (liquidmalibu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-07-2008, 6:24 PM Reply   
Jump on the 3:10 to Yuma.
Old     (jdaviso1)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-17-2008, 1:29 PM Reply   
I've heard the places at Martinez are REALLY bad. A friend stayed in one about half the night before leaving. I have talked to several people on the river that said they stayed their once and will never stay there again.

Hidden Shores is nice!

We stay in Yuma at the La Fuente Inn: http://www.lafuenteinn.com

~J.