Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    davemcadams            02-12-2003, 12:06 PM Reply   
I need recommendations on the two choices. We (family of five!) board and open water ski. I am interested in both models but unsure if these are the best choices for doing both sports. Meaning maybe a DD would be a better choice? I just think a v-drive would have more room.
Old    steveb7            02-12-2003, 12:11 PM Reply   
Look for a v drive malibu with the sv32 diamond hull. It is a great ski wake for a v drive and still has the room! (01 sunsetter vlx, 02-03 sunscape 21)
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-12-2003, 4:03 PM Reply   
I have an 02 Wakesetter VLX. Because we mostly baord, I can't say much about our ski wake other than others have told me that it's "good" but not a "competition wake". The wakeboarding wake...awesome!...even without wedge or ballast...the Bu just has a great shape.

As for the room, I also have a family of 5 (and we always have others joing us) and the room is awesome! We have maxed out the occupants (11 people - kids and adults) and it never felt cramped. Overall the storage is good, yet the individual areas are too small for boards so racks are a must. We actually had to get a second set of board-racks 'cause we have 4 boards and we needed room for our friend's boards.

My kids love to run and jump off the sun deck (engine covers), they play there and on the swim platform constantly. It's a good space for kids.

Also in the Bu, the captains chair can turn into the center of the boat. We pop the table in for lunches and it is just super...and I had thought the table was a dumb idea at first. For fams, it's a good thing.

The seating arrangement played a large part in our decision. We brought the kids to the boat shows and took them out on our friend's boats and watched their reactions.

So far, 130 hours and not a single problem. I'm not unhappy at all.

Hope that helps a little.
Old    davemcadams            02-13-2003, 7:57 AM Reply   
Sweet looking boat, Gregg. Thanks for your input. I've been leaning towards the VLX. It's always good to hear a nice recommendation from an owner.
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       02-13-2003, 8:29 AM Reply   
I have a Wakesetter VLX because all I do in my boat is wakeboard. If I want to ski I have enough buddies that own Malibu Response's or other direct drives that we use to ski. I have looked at both boats and almost purchased a team air last year instead of another Wakesetter VLX but my wife just couldn't go from owning a 2001 Wakesetter VLX to a team air due to size and options. The Malibu is bigger inside with the swival seat and table its great. good luck in geating a new boat.

Allen
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-13-2003, 9:30 AM Reply   
Given those particular facts, I'd go with the '03 VLX no questions asked.

I agree with everyone, the swivel seat rules and I can't believe CC and MC are not doing the same!
Old    davemcadams            02-20-2003, 11:56 AM Reply   
Thanks for all your advice guys. We pick up the VLX in a week or two!