Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 01, 2004

Old    chachi            04-16-2004, 1:39 PM Reply   
I got an e-mail from grizzely sports and they have deals on most 2004 hyperlite blems. I'am new to wakeboarding and are looking for a new wakeboard. This will sound stupid to you guys but what to a blem.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-16-2004, 1:42 PM Reply   
Blemished. Like scratched or dented. Aesthetic defects that don't effect the ride.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-16-2004, 1:42 PM Reply   
did they show you any prices?
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-16-2004, 2:14 PM Reply   
Yea I bought a 131 Belmont from them for my girlfriend and there wasn't a think wrong with it. It was just a little faded but when put up to a normal one there wasn't much of a difference. Won't effect riding at all, Hyperlite won't release those boards for purchase.
Old    chachi            04-16-2004, 2:33 PM Reply   
J-rod, they are new from factory with full warrenty. many different sizes, thease prices are BIO only they have DNA also but call and see.
PARKS SERIES BLEMS STARTING AT
$308
TEMET SERIES BLEMS STARTING AT
$315
BYERLY SERIES BLEMS STARTING AT
$315
PREMIER SERIES BLEMS STARTING AT
$294
TFD SERIES BLEMS STARTING AT
$308
they also have the lower models
1-866-444-BEAR free shipping in us
Old    pathetic2            04-19-2004, 12:52 PM Reply   
I bought a blemish 141 Premier DNA from them last year. Got it for the BIO price. They are great. They went to the warehouse floor while I was on the floor and explained each blemish to me, so I got to pick the board I wanted. Only has a small dent on the top that you can't see. You can only feel it. Definitely a great place and way to get a high end board at a discount.
Old    norcalbrdrydr            04-19-2004, 1:57 PM Reply   
I bought an '03 Hyperlite Parks 143 DNA from Grizzley Sports about a month ago. I bought it for $330. That's less than half of what a brand new 143 DNA costs. They said it had an aestetic blem, but when I got it I honestly couldn't find it anywhere. None of my friends or family have found it either. Plus, the guys a GS are hella cool and just want to hook people up. They aren't out there to screw you and take your hard earned money away from you. That's all I have to say about that... I would most definately buy from them again...
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-19-2004, 3:16 PM Reply   
wow at sports-ltd the byerly blem boards are going for $278, that was as of around august though
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-20-2004, 9:51 AM Reply   
I've bought a couple of blem boards and have never noticed anything wrong with them. If you can I would always buy a blem board.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-20-2004, 11:09 AM Reply   
There are different levels of finish integrity. There are Firsts, Seconds, and so on and so on.

Firsts - Optimum quality ready to go to shelves for retail.

Seconds - Most commonly called 'blems' usually have a cosmetic defect. Doesn't affect ride and you probably undetectable to the untrained eye.

Thirds - Major cosmetic defects, and/or a defect that may or may not affect the ride.

With the price of boards these days, I would want a second. A lot of shops buy seconds so they can the cost is cheaper and they can make deals with the same profit margin.

Old    indifferent            04-21-2004, 9:26 AM Reply   
Thane you are so smart. Are you in the industry?
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-21-2004, 9:46 AM Reply   
Hyperlite sells all thirds and some seconds at the bigger boat shows. LA boat show is 90% thirds.
The funny thing is they won't tell you.
Old    bretbaker3            04-23-2004, 4:29 AM Reply   
Does Grizzley Sports have a webpage?
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-23-2004, 4:34 AM Reply   
http://www.grizzly-sports.com/
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-25-2004, 6:21 PM Reply   
my friend bought a blemish billy mckee off of ebay and we can't find it anywhere. The only blemish we can tell is that the colors are slightly off, but only a superficial person would care whether it was dark blue or just medium dark blue.