Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-29-2011, 8:46 AM Reply   

Check this out! Insane!
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-29-2011, 9:54 AM Reply   
Those are some epic waves. Takes a big pair to ride that out. Do you see just after the wave is formed the rider kinda drops down again as a second wave is formed. INTENSE
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-29-2011, 12:51 PM Reply   
Im sure you guys have seen this one.... Jaws off Maui. Ive been and seen it, every year at Thanksgiving its going off in epic fashion!
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-29-2011, 8:15 PM Reply   
That is just plain scary.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-31-2011, 6:26 PM Reply   
Amazing videos but I think I will stick with wakesurfing.
Hey Idaho Hillbilly hows the weather up north? Have you been able to ride yet? I am a Southern Idaho wakesurfer. I can't wait for vacation in July, so we can come up north Id and ride.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-31-2011, 9:08 PM Reply   
same place ..... same swell ...... different perspective!!

http://www.surfline.com/surflinetv/g...s-mckean_56206

be a great joke in there by saying " that's like wakesurfing behind a _________ "
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-01-2011, 12:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu View Post
Amazing videos but I think I will stick with wakesurfing.
Hey Idaho Hillbilly hows the weather up north? Have you been able to ride yet? I am a Southern Idaho wakesurfer. I can't wait for vacation in July, so we can come up north Id and ride.
The water is REALLY high right now with still a ton of snow in the mountains. Lake CDA is just over 50 degree right now, so the water is really cold. We haven't even got the boat out of the shop...probably another 2-3 weeks before we start hitting the smaller lakes.

Which lake are you going to be on in July?
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-01-2011, 5:19 PM Reply   
Idaho Hillbilly
We usually ride Hayden, Pend Oreille, CDA and the St Joe River from the Shadow St Joe campground into Lake CDA. That's one of my favorite places to surf. There is so much good water up there to choose from and the scenery is awesome. I rode with Duffy, on Pend Oreille a couple of years ago behind his AVY and had a blast. I always hate to come home after being spending time up North.
It's been cold down here too. We started riding the first of May in 50 degree water and it was around 56 last time I rode.
I hope your conditions improve soon. Do you ride Spirit Lake or is it big enough?
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-02-2011, 12:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Idaho Hillbilly
We usually ride Hayden, Pend Oreille, CDA and the St Joe River from the Shadow St Joe campground into Lake CDA. That's one of my favorite places to surf. There is so much good water up there to choose from and the scenery is awesome. I rode with Duffy, on Pend Oreille a couple of years ago behind his AVY and had a blast. I always hate to come home after being spending time up North.
It's been cold down here too. We started riding the first of May in 50 degree water and it was around 56 last time I rode.
I hope your conditions improve soon. Do you ride Spirit Lake or is it big enough?
We take a trip up the St. Joe a couple times a year when we are in the waterskiing mood. It's probably the best body of water for waterskiing in the WORLD!

Spirit Lake is a fun lake! By August we don't ride there because the water drops too much and we can't get the big old V237 off the trailer. Probably will not be a problem this year. The best part is that it's 15 minutes from my house. We usually ride Spirit Lake or Twin Lakes until 4th of July, then we mostly ride Pend Oreille for the rest of the summer. The launch at Pend Oreille is 10 minutes from my house.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-02-2011, 12:30 PM Reply   
Yea the St Joe is awesome! You can always find glass! We will have to try surfing Spirit and Twin Lakes this summer. They are about the only two I haven't been on. We also like the Pend Oreille river. We camp at the mud hole in Priest River and wakesurf up and down the Priest and Pend Oreille rivers. I am a teacher, so I spend part of my summers boating in North Id. We are heading up there with our Sanger V210, from July 11th through the 31st. Let us know if you want to get together for some wakesurfing. We have fiends in Hayden, but at the other lakes we just find people to wakesurf with. It's getting more popular all the time.
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-02-2011, 10:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yea the St Joe is awesome! You can always find glass! We will have to try surfing Spirit and Twin Lakes this summer. They are about the only two I haven't been on. We also like the Pend Oreille river. We camp at the mud hole in Priest River and wakesurf up and down the Priest and Pend Oreille rivers. I am a teacher, so I spend part of my summers boating in North Id. We are heading up there with our Sanger V210, from July 11th through the 31st. Let us know if you want to get together for some wakesurfing. We have fiends in Hayden, but at the other lakes we just find people to wakesurf with. It's getting more popular all the time.
Alright! I'm also a teacher....good profession for a wakesurfin' addiction.

Drop me a PM before you head up here and lets see if we can do some surfin'. It would be pretty rare to see 2 Sangers together in Idaho!
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-03-2011, 9:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by idaho_hillbilly View Post
Alright! I'm also a teacher....good profession for a wakesurfin' addiction.

Drop me a PM before you head up here and lets see if we can do some surfin'. It would be pretty rare to see 2 Sangers together in Idaho!
Yea, our last day of school was today! We plan to surf Lake Lowell this weekend. I will send you a PM so we can get our Sangers together. I would love to see the surf wake behind a V237.
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-03-2011, 10:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yea, our last day of school was today! We plan to surf Lake Lowell this weekend. I will send you a PM so we can get our Sangers together. I would love to see the surf wake behind a V237.
We have one more week before break. You will be impressed with the V237. Enjoy the summer!