Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (RobbieMWD)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-30-2010, 9:46 AM Reply   
I am looking to upgrade the factory Clarion in my 2004 SANTE 210. I am looking at the Clarion CMD6, Alpine CDA-118M and Apline IDAX100M. Does anybody have any input on these models? I am looking for a new deck with ipod and iphone intergration. I want to be able to have full control with the remote.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-30-2010, 9:53 AM Reply   
I have the Alpine IDAX100M and MC10 Remote. They are great and give you full control over Ipod and Iphone features. Most of the time I just plug in my Iphone and run Pandora or Sirius satellite for tunes.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-30-2010, 10:00 AM Reply   
None of them have bluetooth, which is really nice for streaming to your deck. The slickest solution for iphone integration imho.
Old     (brian_b)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-30-2010, 10:03 AM Reply   
I have the alpine 100m and remonte. I must say the remote doesn't work incredibly awesome at distance, but my deck is in the glove compartment. Otherwise, ipod integration is flawless. I thought it was bluetooth compatible, but I'm not that savvy. Great deck imo
Old     (rgardjr)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-30-2010, 11:50 AM Reply   
The CDA-118M has a pretty sweet dual zone feature for adjusting the volume on the tower independently from the cabins. I wanted to put one in mine, but I have three of the wired Clarion remotes. The Alpine remote is a bit larger than the Clarion's with the displays and dwarfs the transom remote without the display-pretty much wouldn't work in 2 of the 3 holes I've already got. I've always been a fan of Alpine HUs.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-30-2010, 12:08 PM Reply   
Shawndoggy - I know I can plug in my Iphone and play Pandora. If I am playing Pandora and my phone rings, it cuts the tunes off and rings through the speakers. I take the call on my Iphone, once I am done, the tunes come back on. It is true that I can not talk "hand free".

However, i believe (according to Cruchfield) you can add "Alpine's optional KCE-300BT Bluetooth® interface, and you'll be able to mute the music, answer an incoming call, or place a call with a touch of a button. You can also stream music from a music phone or Bluetooth capable music player."
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-30-2010, 12:20 PM Reply   
yeah, the advantage I see to bluetooth is that you can do all the same stuff that you just mentioned but the iphone/itouch isn't teathered to the HU. So, for instance, driver can drive while passengers DJ. Or your iphone can be streaming from somewhere waterproof in the boat rather than being out and exposed. My $.02, spend it how you see fit
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-30-2010, 6:21 PM Reply   
Here are the features of the Clarion CMD6, it will do Bluetooth, just and FYI

•Dual Line Positive LCD Display

•Full Content, Full Speed iPod™ Control

•USB (iPod™, portable MP3, flash drives)

•BBE® MP Sound Enhancement and Restoration

•Dual Auxiliary Inputs with Selectable Sensitivity

•Fixed Audio Output

•One Year Memory Back Up

•6 Preamp Line Level Outputs (front/rear/non-fade)

•Sirius/XM™ Satellite Radio Ready

•Switchable Euro/USA Tuner

•Bluetooth® Compatibility with optional BLT370

•Wired Remote Control Ready

•Remote IR Control (included)

•Illumination Dimming Lead (source unit & remote controls)

•Terminal Protection Caps

•Stainless Steel Chassis

•Conformal Coated PCB & Microprocessor
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-30-2010, 7:52 PM Reply   
I think all of those $350 decks will do bluetooth optionally. My point was that it was not built in.

I'm no clarion expert by any means, but why not go with the $100 cheaper auto-oriented CZ509 which has 6v pre-outs (as opposed to the CMD6's 2v) and bluetooth built in (and not a $75 add-on like the cmd6)? Do the auto decks not work with the marine remotes?