Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (colby2ya)      Join Date: Feb 2012       03-05-2013, 7:21 AM Reply   
Ok, so this summer i want to take a vacation somewhere where i can rent a cabin on a lake that has a pier and all that good stuff to bring and park the boat at. I'm from baton rouge, LA, and i would prolly drive the most maybe 5 hours away. Was seeing if anybody know any good spots like that around me, with a popular lake and cabin rentals.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-05-2013, 7:31 AM Reply   
Broken Bow Lake, Oklahoma - But it looks to be about 6 hours away. It is nice with tons of coves for boarding and the wind isn't bad. I am sure you will have plenty of other options that are closer though.

Last edited by dezul; 03-05-2013 at 7:35 AM. Reason: added more info.
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-05-2013, 7:41 AM Reply   
broken bow is a gorgeous lake but there are no cabins on the lake so that wont really do what he is wanting. most of the cabins are about a 10 min drive from the lake. there is a nice marina on the lake that you can rent a slip in i believe though.

canyon lake over around san antonio is supposed to be super nice as well. not sure about cabin rentals on it though as ive never been there.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-05-2013, 8:07 AM Reply   
Norris lake in Tennessee has great cabins and cool marinas
Pickwick lake near Memphis is also lots of fun
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-05-2013, 8:49 AM Reply   
Chatt is right about Norris. It is one of my home lakes. It is the clearest lake in the state. It might be a bit farther than you are wanting to drive though.

Jman
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-05-2013, 9:24 AM Reply   
Norris Lake is really nice. It is pretty equal to Broken Bow Lake to me. I grew up on Broken Bow Lake and now that I live in Knoxville I have been to Norris Lake a few times. He can't go wrong with either of them.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       03-05-2013, 9:26 AM Reply   
Bethy Creek Resort in Trinity, TX. Right on the trinity river, butter for days... Not sure how far it is from you but definitely worth it!
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-05-2013, 5:28 PM Reply   
I second what Connor said. Bethy Creek Resort in Riverside, TX on the Trinity River. River is surrounded by trees, very remote feel and there is glass for miles in both directions. Its our home riding spot and also where the annual Texas Moomba/Supra Jam, Texas Tige Reunion, and Texas Centurion Reunions are held. The local south east Texas wakeboard club also hosts all their main annual events there and Hyperlite did the photo shoot for 2012 there. Awesome place. I think they even do discounted rates for like sunday-thursday stay or something

Last edited by rdlangston13; 03-05-2013 at 5:35 PM. Reason: more info
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-06-2013, 6:51 AM Reply   
I concur Trinity is the Boss. It matters not what day of the week nor wind conditions you will always find a stretch of butter.
Old     (LightningRon)      Join Date: Apr 2011       03-06-2013, 10:58 AM Reply   
I'm looking into the same from the Florida Panhandle. I found some good places on Lake Eufaula, AL. Only a 3hr trip for me. Looks like it would be a little further for you. This will me my first experience with this lake so I don't have an opinion of it yet. Guess I will find out early June.
Old     (colby2ya)      Join Date: Feb 2012       03-06-2013, 7:47 PM Reply   
Bethy Creek Resort looks like a win for me!! And the rates isn't to bad and the drive isn't either. Thanks everybody for the ideas, hopefully when i go, i get to meet some of you folks!
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-07-2013, 7:57 AM Reply   
There is a man made cut to get from Bethy Creek to the river and you have to know how to get there. If you ask Randell Jr (one of the owners) he will more than likely show you. I can also probably show you if I am off work when you visit.

Sent from my iPhone
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-17-2013, 11:01 AM Reply   
Colby
I'm in Baton Rouge as well.
I would highly recommend Bethy Creek. I went last year to the Moomba/Supra Jam.
Awesome riding! the cabins are nice.
i think it took me around 5 hours towing..

i'll be going back in August.

Another suggestion is Eagle Lake, MS (North of Vicksburg..._) they have cabins for rent, but not a great dock for leaving boat in all night.. but its only a few minutes to boat ramp. I rode there a ton when i lived in Mississippi.. Most always great riding conditions..

BW
Old     (nelems)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-18-2013, 5:37 AM Reply   
Lewis Smith Lake in AL There are condos with wet slips available and houses for rent.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-18-2013, 5:57 AM Reply   
Let us know when you go and maybe we can all meet down there to ride. You can't go wrong here, but you need a little local knowledge before hitting the water.
Old     (SCA)      Join Date: Dec 2010       03-18-2013, 11:18 AM Reply   
Im in California, but have a good friend that moved to Hot Springs Arkansas about 10 years ago. I love visiting there. He lives on Lake Hamilton which is completely surrounded by homes, restaraunts etc. But above Lake Hamilton is Lake Ouchita.. Its freaking amazing!!! Huge, islands, clear water. Great houseboat lake. I couldn't bet over all the great lakes in that part of the country.
Old     (dfred)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-18-2013, 11:30 AM Reply   
Beaver Lake in NW Arkansas, been gong there for 20+ years...clear water, if the body of the lake is rough there are tons of coves that will still be absolutely flat.
Old     (curt489)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-18-2013, 3:28 PM Reply   
I am from Baton Rouge also, been doing a project up in the delta near poverty point. They have cabins over the water on the lake for rent. See some of the details below. I will be planning a trip up there this summer. On the south east side of the lake on google maps you can see the cabins over the water.

Poverty Point Reservoir State Park
1500 Poverty Point Parkway, Delhi, LA 71232
318-878-7536 or 800-474-0392 toll free
For reservations, call 1-877-CAMP-N-LA (877-226-7652) toll free.

Cabins/Lodges: Basic cookware, cooking utensils, dinnerware, silverware, towels and linens are provided. Bring your own food and personal supplies. (click here for facility pictures and layouts) (map)
Deluxe Cabins 8 available, 1 is ADA compliant $120/night, Oct-Mar; $150/night on Fridays & Saturdays, Apr-Sept, sleeps up to 8 people with 1 double bed, 2 bunk beds and 1 sofa sleeper
Standard Lodge 4 available, 1 is ADA compliant $140/night, Oct-Mar; $175/night on Fridays & Saturdays, Apr-Sept, sleeps up to 10 people with 2 double beds, 2 bunk beds and 1 sofa sleeper

Overnight guests can choose from two-bedroom waterfront cabins, spacious lodges with loft bedrooms, or RV camping. A water playground in the campground area provides a place for our younger visitors to beat the heat.
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-19-2013, 11:11 AM Reply   
+1 on Lewis lake in Alabama. It's a bit of a drive but we did it from fort polk last year. Everything from condos to monster houses there. Great water in the mornings. Definitely one of my favorite lakes we have vacationed at.

That being said, the red river still has butter all day long almost very day.