Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-18-2004, 9:58 PM Reply   
Here are a few pics from Expo today and yesterday...

Liquid Force made special edition Minx, Sphinx and Transit bindings that could only be ordered at the show. The Transit is a camo design, but the flash reflected in a weird way. They are going to have a special edition of the Team tomorrow.

Minx
Sphinx
Transit

The new Bi-Level from Cassette

Cassette Bi-Level

Tyler of Wakesports dons the Sumo tube

Tyler Irwin

WakeWorld's GB Leslie Kent board design winning entry in it's final stage. Dean Huspen is the man who won it and has his name on the bottom of the board. Very cool to see it in person!

Leslie Kent Pro Model

Finally, I got to try a Segway and it was super cool.

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-18-2004, 10:08 PM Reply   
good god, those lf bindings are hideous! it's a good thing they're not production models.

how hard was it to drive the segway?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-18-2004, 11:57 PM Reply   
I like the Camo Transits.
Yeah, how hard is it to drive a segway?
Old    wakejump            09-19-2004, 1:41 AM Reply   
ugly bindings
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-19-2004, 8:01 AM Reply   
Are you kidding me. Those Minx are freakin SWEET!

(Message edited by shutupandboard on September 19, 2004)
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-19-2004, 8:17 AM Reply   
The bindings all looked insane in my opinion, especially the snakeskin Sphinx. I love those colors. I'm walking in right now to check out the Team limited edition.

The Segway was amazingly easy to ride. It takes a minute or two for your brain to get used to the fact that something is helping it balance, but I was motoring down the aisleways pretty fast in no time. It's really addicting. I didn't want to get off of it!
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       09-19-2004, 10:12 AM Reply   
The bindings look pretty sharp. Pink snakeskin really isn't my style (and now that the picture has loaded up, the orange ones are actually pretty bad--not bad is in good, either), but it's cool that bindings are starting to look a little more...creative...or something.

All I know is I can hardly wait to get one of those bi-levels...FREAKING A!!!
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-19-2004, 11:39 AM Reply   
that "sumo tube" looks crazy
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-19-2004, 11:54 AM Reply   
You can be the first to get your hands on a Bi-Level!! I just got off the phone with Thomas Horrell and we will be auctioning off one of the first production models this week only on WakeWorld!! Since Cassette was a sponsor of the Charity Golf Classic, this is actually a hold over of part of their sponsorship, so all proceeds will go to this event. Tune in tomorrow for all the details!

I'm off to OWC and then the airport...
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-19-2004, 12:39 PM Reply   
I vote they rock. Specially the snakeskins.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-19-2004, 11:51 PM Reply   
Going back to the bindings. Why don't more companies in the wake industry make limited edition stuff. Makes things alot more interesting. Everyone wouldn't have the same colour, you'd get something that suited you more maybe and they'd probably sell more too.
All you really have now is intergrity with their every 50 boards a new graphic.
Thats just my opinion, its cool having stuff in special or limited edition colour ways. It works for skate shoes, why not bindings.

Another thing, how does the sumo tube work? Looks a little scary.
Old    buttacup            09-20-2004, 7:02 AM Reply   
I like the camo bindings
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-20-2004, 8:50 AM Reply   
Kristian,

It costs alot of money to change graphics or colors or Materials, and run different production lines with any consumer Products. Although it would be cool to have so many different choices in colors and materials it would also cost alot more for raw materials because you are now not buying in bulk the way you were before you would have to buy alot more materials and less of each.
Another problem is if you get too outrageous then some styles only will appeal to certain people and the Majority of consumers will not buy it , and then the company has excess stock of styles or colors that they cant sell. You see this at outlet stores everyday with clothing and shoes.
Yes companies could definately do it but then thier increased costs are now passed on to you and now you will be paying $400+ just for limited edition bindings.

Skate shoes for instance are mass produced in China or Taiwan and are made with material that comes in so many different colors where as wakeboard bindings are made with much more expensive Material and dont come readily available in the wide array of colors as shoes. Also in comparison Wakeboard bindings are VERY VERY VERY much SMALL POTATOES compared to the skate Shoe industry. Shoe Companies sell on much smaller margins, and produce a hell of alot more shoes than Wakeboard bindings. QUANTITY is where they make there money.
I hope that helps from a marketing perspective.
Erik
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-21-2004, 12:05 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, that makes perfect sense. I'm just saying it would be cool. Every now and then you see someone in the wake industry do it, just would like to see it a little more often.

And just getting back to the actual bindings themselves, those sphynx's are growing on me, I'm starting to think they look pretty cool.
Old     (brian0384)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-22-2004, 5:10 PM Reply   
all 3 pairs of special edition LF boots looked sweet!! The new CWB Absolute Platinums look hot!! Also, be on the look out for Kampus' new line up of shoes, their looking tite